Windows 10: Can't change diagnostic data to basic after disabling Windows insider Program

Discus and support Can't change diagnostic data to basic after disabling Windows insider Program in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to change this setting for better privacy but even after leaving windows insider program, this option can't be changed. Is there a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shua-12, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Can't change diagnostic data to basic after disabling Windows insider Program

I am trying to change this setting for better privacy but even after leaving windows insider program, this option can't be changed. Is there a way around this?

submitted by /u/shua-12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shua-12, Jul 31, 2020

2. How to change diagnostic data to basic?

Privacy -> Diagnostics & Feedback -> Diagnostic Data

I am presented with two options, "Basic" and "Full" and neither are greyed out. The default is "Full" but I select "Basic." Then I leave the page and come back to it later, and "Full" is selected again.

I've gone back and forth several times.

How do I change to "Basic"?

And if I can't, why am I being given the option?

CallyWindLuv, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Can't change diagnostic data from basic to full

Hi Jack,

Feedback Hub is embedded to Windows 10 and cannot be uninstalled and reinstalled to troubleshoot this app. However, you can clear the cache in the app to make it work properly again. Clearing the cache is needed periodically
    to all Windows apps to clean all the temporary data stored on your computer.

To do this, here's what you can do:

• Perform the WSReset command to clear the store app’s cache and reset it to a clean state
      (This also applies to built-in apps of Windows 10). To do so, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
    2. Type in WSReset.exe, then click
      OK
    3. Wait for the command to finish.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Johann Eva, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Can't change diagnostic data to basic after disabling Windows insider Program

Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

We would like to know more about this concern, kindly answer the following:

• May we know the build of the computer?
    • Any changes on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Aside from the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Can't change diagnostic data to basic after disabling Windows insider Program

1. Can't change diagnostic data to basic after disabling Windows insider Program - Similar Threads - Can't change diagnostic

2. Can't activate Windows Optional diagnostics data to join Windows Insider Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't activate Windows Optional diagnostics data to join Windows Insider Program: I just joined the Windows Insider program to access my GPU from with in WSL2. I'm running Windows 10 Pro with OS build 19043.1110. I've just updated it 5 min ago since I read this could be the issue and I've also set checked that the Registry Editor variable...
  3. Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled.

Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled.: Hello Team,I am looking out to enable the option for Diagnostic Data = "Optional". Noticed it being disabled I would need pointers which would help me in enabling the option for selection.Thanks & Regards!...
  4. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data: Hi! I discovered I'm not picking up Microsoft Reward Points since my Privacy settings were incorrect. I went to 'Diagnostic and usage data' and found it was set to 'Basic'. Unfortunately, the field is greyed out, and I am unable to change it to another option. Does anyone...
  5. Diagnostic Data ; There is no Full or Basic option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Diagnostic Data ; There is no Full or Basic option: I recently wanted to join the insider program but windows told me to change my diagnostic data to full. but when i went to check it there was no option for "Full". There was only Required data and Optional data. How do i fix this?[ATTACH]...
  6. Diagnostic Data always reverting to Basic ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Diagnostic Data always reverting to Basic ?: Windows 10, latest version. I have been unable for a while now to change Diagnostic Data to Full, in order to re-enter the Windows Insider Program (I was in it for a previous machine I had built, but neglected to join asap when building this current pc). I have tried quite a...
  7. How to change diagnostic data to basic?

How to change diagnostic data to basic?: Privacy -> Diagnostics & Feedback -> Diagnostic Data I am presented with two options, "Basic" and "Full" and neither are greyed out. The default is "Full" but I select "Basic." Then I leave the page and come back to it later, and "Full" is selected again. I've gone back and...
  8. Unable to change Privacy diagnostic data from basic to full.

Unable to change Privacy diagnostic data from basic to full.: This prevents me from sending any feedback from the hub, which requires this option to be set to Full. Tried many thing including resetting, bit so far I can't make it work. Any help? Thanks!...
  9. Can't change diagnostic data from basic to full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change diagnostic data from basic to full: My attempt to submit feedback fails, because this is disabled, and I can't change it in order to be able to submit feedback - where 'submit' is disabled for this reason....
  10. Can't customize Diagnostic Data

Can't customize Diagnostic Data: In Settings | Privacy | Feedback & Diagnostics, the Diagnostic Data area is greyed, so I can't select Full (Basic is in force, and Enhanced is absent), and the red "Some settings are hidden..." message appears on top. I'm sure it's due to some policy setting, so can someone...