Windows 10: Can't change diagnostic data to "Full" in Windows 10 Version 1909

Discus and support Can't change diagnostic data to "Full" in Windows 10 Version 1909 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I wanted to join the Windows Insider program, but first the Control Center told me that "Diagnostic data must be set to Full to get preview... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andreas Remdt, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Can't change diagnostic data to "Full" in Windows 10 Version 1909

Hello!

I wanted to join the Windows Insider program, but first the Control Center told me that "Diagnostic data must be set to Full to get preview builds."

So I tried to change the Diagnostic data setting from "Basic" to "Full". At first, this selection was grayed out with a note that some of these settings are hidden or managed by the organization. However, this is a private computer and I don't belong to any organization.

I then looked for a solution online and found this thread, which recommended to set a registry key. I went ahead and tried that.

The result is that the section is no longer grayed out - I can toggle the "Full" option - but these changes are not persisted. Each time I re-open the Control Center or go to a different page it resets to "Basic", and the Windows Insider page still tells me to change to "Full".

I installed the latest updates. What else can I do to enable this option?

Windows Edition: Home

Windows Version: 1909

Windows Build: 18363.693

Thanks!

:)

Andreas Remdt, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

We would like to know more about this concern, kindly answer the following:

• May we know the build of the computer?
    • Any changes on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Aside from the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Aquinus Win User

Can't change diagnostic data to "Full" in Windows 10 Version 1909

Computer Won't Reboot - AMD Data Change...Updata New Data to DMI

If he is getting stuck at verifying DMI pool data, that means his BIOS isn't finishing the POST process before it's hanging up. Although I'm confused now because he said he tried re-installing windows which would indicate that the machine is getting through the entire POST process.

I'm confused now. I think we need a better, more descriptive version of what exactly is happening.

Maybe a full step by step process of what is happening?

Aquinus, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Can't change diagnostic data to "Full" in Windows 10 Version 1909

1. Can't change diagnostic data to "Full" in Windows 10 Version 1909 - Similar Threads - Can't change diagnostic

2. Can’t change Diagnostic Data to Full in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t change Diagnostic Data to Full in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Sometimes, regardless of your selection levels for diagnostic data: Basic (required) and Full (optional), you can’t change the Diagnostic Data to Full in Windows 11/10. The following workaround for this issue should help you. Can’t change Diagnostic Data to Full in...
  3. Can't switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data: Hi, I cant switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data. Pls helpVideo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iO4ggbV0Mw4QCHed6fvK5POEJHCUV7ZV/view?usp=sharing...
  4. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data: Hi! I discovered I'm not picking up Microsoft Reward Points since my Privacy settings were incorrect. I went to 'Diagnostic and usage data' and found it was set to 'Basic'. Unfortunately, the field is greyed out, and I am unable to change it to another option. Does anyone...
  5. Diagnostic Data ; There is no Full or Basic option

Diagnostic Data ; There is no Full or Basic option: I recently wanted to join the insider program but windows told me to change my diagnostic data to full. but when i went to check it there was no option for "Full". There was only Required data and Optional data. How do i fix this?[ATTACH]...
  6. Can't turn on full diagnostics. (COMMENTS)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't turn on full diagnostics. (COMMENTS): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KvoDon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fajpj4/cant_turn_on_full_diagnostics_comments/
  7. Unable to change Privacy diagnostic data from basic to full.

Unable to change Privacy diagnostic data from basic to full.: This prevents me from sending any feedback from the hub, which requires this option to be set to Full. Tried many thing including resetting, bit so far I can't make it work. Any help? Thanks!...
  8. Can't change diagnostic data from basic to full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change diagnostic data from basic to full: My attempt to submit feedback fails, because this is disabled, and I can't change it in order to be able to submit feedback - where 'submit' is disabled for this reason....
  9. Can't customize Diagnostic Data

Can't customize Diagnostic Data: In Settings | Privacy | Feedback & Diagnostics, the Diagnostic Data area is greyed, so I can't select Full (Basic is in force, and Enhanced is absent), and the red "Some settings are hidden..." message appears on top. I'm sure it's due to some policy setting, so can someone...
  10. Change Diagnostic and Usage Data Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Diagnostic and Usage Data Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Diagnostic Data Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Diagnostic Data Settings in Windows 10 As you use Windows, we collect diagnostic information, and to make sure we're listening to you, our customer, we've also built ways for you to send us feedback...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 diagnostic data greyed out

2. windows 10 1909 diagnostic data full

3. dignostic data doesnt acceptt Ful opsdtion

4. Cant change diagnostic data to Full in Windows 10 Version 1909,
  5. cant set diagnostic data to full,
  6. microsoft how tochange basic sdata to full,
  7. cant set diagnostic data to full 1909