Windows 10: Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop

Discus and support Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop The old association returns Always the files association with Paint... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StefanBabukov, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop

Hello

Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop

The old association returns
    Always the files association with Paint 3D or Photos in Win10

Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop 90633125-d8d0-43d8-88b6-072ffffa0b0b?upload=true.jpg

Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop dfc592df-3516-468a-a2c1-e28a8550b976?upload=true.jpg

It does not happen in both ways

Thank you

:)

StefanBabukov, Nov 12, 2018

2. File associations for Photoshop impossible

I have Windows 10 Pro, the latest update. I installed Photoshop CC 2018, and Windows won't let me change many of the basic image file associations to point at Photoshop. For many of them, it isn't even an option in either the file association menu or or
    the "open with" choice on an individual file. If I try to associate files extensions "by app" in Windows, Photoshop doesn't appear as a choice in the long list of all apps.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop to no avail.

Has someone seen this problem and found a resolution?

Thank you for your help,

Scott

Hogwallowsc, Nov 12, 2018
  3. How can I change my default view of images to my Photoshop jpeg format?

If that's the case, kindly try these steps and see if this resolves the issue:

• Open File Explorer, then right-click on a JPEG file.
    • Select Properties, then click Change beside
      Opens with.
    • Select Photoshop. If Photoshop is not on the list, select
      Look for another app on this PC
    • From the list, select Photoshop.

If the Photoshop app is missing, we highly suggest that you update the app or uninstall; then reinstall the Photoshop app through Windows Store.

Get back to us should you need further help.

Vanessa Oca, Nov 12, 2018
  4. otooleg Win User

How can I change my default view of images to my Photoshop jpeg format?

Thanks at last - that worked !!!!!!

otooleg, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop - Similar Threads - Can't change file

2. I can't open my png or jpg files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my png or jpg files: I can't open my picture files as usual,I don't know why.It says install failed please contact your software vendor.Please help me, appreciate your help,thank you....
  3. I can't open my png or jpg files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open my png or jpg files: I can't open my picture files as usual,I don't know why.It says install failed please contact your software vendor.Please help me, appreciate your help,thank you....
  4. Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11: I recently purchased a hp spectre 360 14 inch with i7 processor. I already had the same pc and have been very happy with it and windows 10 for 7 years. My new pc has windows 11 and I can’t open many of my jpg, jpeg, png files/ pictures. I have many photos…..some which open,...
  5. Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11

Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11: I recently purchased a hp spectre 360 14 inch with i7 processor. I already had the same pc and have been very happy with it and windows 10 for 7 years. My new pc has windows 11 and I can’t open many of my jpg, jpeg, png files/ pictures. I have many photos…..some which open,...
  6. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  7. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  8. Ability to make a file association in Microsoft 10 to open jpegs with Photoshop

Ability to make a file association in Microsoft 10 to open jpegs with Photoshop: I have Windows 10 version 10.0 Build 18363 and Photoshop CC 2020. I have been a Photoshop user since Photoshop 4 in 1996 and a Windows user even longer. I just recently d/l Photoshop CC and this is the first time I am unable to associate jpegs with Photoshop for images not...
  9. File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG: I do know how to use open with and create proper file associations. And I am not having issues opening files in PHOTO or other graphic programs. The problem is Windows 10 has decided that all my photos are now SONY RAW files. I cannot upload them to Google photo. It...
  10. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening *.jpg and *.png files: When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades that could have resulted in this error. How to fix?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant associate photoshop with png in windows 10

2. associate jpeg with photoshop

3. cannot change png file to open with photoshop

4. win10-open png file with photoshop asdefault,
  5. windows program to open jpg png,
  6. win10 png default association uninstall photos