Windows 10: Can't change folder icon

Discus and support Can't change folder icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to change the icon for one of my quick access folders, but every time I choose my icon and click OK the icon doesn't change. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steve5724, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Steve5724 Win User

Can't change folder icon

I'm trying to change the icon for one of my quick access folders, but every time I choose my icon and click OK the icon doesn't change. I've tried restarting, doesn't work. Changing other folder icons seems to work fine, it's just this one that won't change for some reason.

:)

Steve5724, Aug 13, 2020

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Aug 13, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

Can't change folder icon

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Can't change folder icon

1. Can't change folder icon - Similar Threads - Can't change folder

2. Change Icon in Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. Change Icon in Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Why I can't change the folder icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why I can't change the folder icon: I can change the folder icon to a customized icon for a shortcut on the desktop, but I can't change the folder icon within the main fold to a customized one. I can only change it to the system ones SHELL32.dll. Every time when I choose a customized icon, it just doesn't...
  5. Can't change folder icon.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change folder icon.: In every tutorial it says to change the folder icon I have to go to properties>customize>change icon>browse>ok>ok I do that and then it just doesn't change. Yes, I used a .ioc file. Edit: forgot to mention, it works if I use the default icons. Please help if you know...
  6. I can't change folder icons

I can't change folder icons: Windows Home Version 1909 Here is what I did I have went and pressed Windows + R and then in there I went to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" without quotes. And I added the "Shell Icons" folder in the "Explorer Folder" and then on the...
  7. Can't change folder icon

Can't change folder icon: [ATTACH] This is the problem I'm having. I want to change all these icons but I can't. The box is greyed out and I have no found any forum post of youtube video with this issue. Please help....
  8. Can't change Icons

Can't change Icons: Hi. I have a problem with changing icons in my hard drive (D:) it worked then it suddenly stopped working... I can change icons to Microsoft ones but not to them I downloaded. I tried to use different ones I have, I tried creating new folders, resetting my laptop,...
  9. Change folder icon

Change folder icon: Hi, I wrote a batch script to set a custom icon to folders: ECHO [.ShellClassInfo]>%1\desktop.in_ ECHO IconResource=C:\Windows\system32\imageres.dll,22>>%1\desktop.in_ move %1\desktop.in_ %1\desktop.ini attrib +S +H %1\desktop.ini The desktop.ini it produces is...
  10. I can't change folder icon to a custom one

I can't change folder icon to a custom one: I created a new folder on the desktop and I can't change its icon to a one I downloaded. selecting the icon from the stock list (shell32.dll) works fine though. I tried with another folder in different location, still no luck. however, when I created a shortcut to the folder...