Windows 10: Can't Change Hardware Virtualization

Discus and support Can't Change Hardware Virtualization in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just purchased an HP laptop running Windows 10, which I updated to Ver. 1909. The processor is an Inter Core i5-8250u, which supports Hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Johnatapplegate, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Can't Change Hardware Virtualization

I just purchased an HP laptop running Windows 10, which I updated to Ver. 1909. The processor is an Inter Core i5-8250u, which supports Hardware Virtualization. In following the procedure to change (enable) Hardware Virtualization, when I select UEFI firmware settings, and click on the Restart button, instead of opening the BIOS settings, the Startup Menu opens. I don't know where to go from here.

:)

Johnatapplegate, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Can't Change Hardware Virtualization

Hosted network virtual adapter

Hi Pinank,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Lets’ try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to restart the computer and check if it automatically installed the Hosted network virtual adapter.

If the above step did not help to fix the issue.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to go to Device manager and click on Scan for Hardware changes.
    It will automatically detect the changes and fix it. Restart the computer once scan is done.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Can't Change Hardware Virtualization

1. Can't Change Hardware Virtualization - Similar Threads - Can't Change Hardware

2. Why the virtual memory can't change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the virtual memory can't change?: Hello, I try to change the virtual memory of my laptop but It can't change. It only had 16 mb virtual memory no matter how many time I changed the number. Does it need a permission or something? The proccesor used was intel core i3 11th gen with 4 gb DDR4 memory. Thank you...
  3. Why the virtual memory can't change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the virtual memory can't change?: Hello, I try to change the virtual memory of my laptop but It can't change. It only had 16 mb virtual memory no matter how many time I changed the number. Does it need a permission or something? The proccesor used was intel core i3 11th gen with 4 gb DDR4 memory. Thank you...
  4. change of hardware can't activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change of hardware can't activate windows: Hey I recently upgraded my computer so now I can't activate my windows, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-hardware-cant-activate-windows/d6b68ebc-3432-4d48-b100-d0367bddc93f
  5. Can't reactivate after a hardware change

Can't reactivate after a hardware change: I have just replaced most of the components in my PC, apart from the hard disks. Before I upgraded the hardware, I linked my Window 10 pro retail license to my Microsoft account. When I log into my Microsoft account in a browser, I can see my old PC in the Devices section....
  6. Can't reactivate after hardware change

Can't reactivate after hardware change: A month ago I replaced my motherboard, along with my processor and RAM. I had internet installed yesterday, which prompted Windows to give me the "Activate Windows" watermark. The problem is, before I upgraded, I hadn't linked my device to my Microsoft account, and had no...
  7. Hardware Supported Virtualization

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware Supported Virtualization: I just wanna ask is it safe to enable hardaware supported Virtaulization in the BIOS Or it causes some harm i asked some people they said it does no harm pls tell if it does...
  8. Hardware Assisted Virtualization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hardware Assisted Virtualization: I use bluestacks but it's very slow and says I need to enable hardware-assisted virtualization. When I try to do that the UEFI firmware settings option doesn't appear. I have an AMD processor. Plz help....
  9. Enabling Hardware Virtualization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling Hardware Virtualization: Hello, I have a Surface Book 2, I am starting an IT program in college and I am taking the time to get my device setup, I guess most of the program uses a Mac I prefer PC. The course director said my computer should work as long as I have Hardware Virtualization enabled....
  10. Can't restore because change of hardware

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't restore because change of hardware: Dear community I have came to a dead end so that is why I'm approaching you. My Windows 10 begun to behave strange, no store apps are installed, Cortana is messing up with my search box (I need to close the process so I can use the search and windows menu functions at the...