Windows 10: Can't change headphones to headset using realtek

Discus and support Can't change headphones to headset using realtek in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I own a headset that plugs into an audio jack, and when I plug them in, they appear as headphones and not a headset. The audio is fine, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lowlifeotakuu, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Can't change headphones to headset using realtek

I own a headset that plugs into an audio jack, and when I plug them in, they appear as headphones and not a headset. The audio is fine, but the microphone doesn't get detected by windows now. I can't install Realtek HD Audio, as every time I try to, it reinstalls RealtekR Audio, which does not come with the Audio Manager, it comes with Realtek Audio Console, which doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for. I've tried everything I can think of. Looked over control panel dozens of times, reinstalled Realtek multiple times, made sure the mic was enabled in privacy settings, installed the latest

:)

Lowlifeotakuu, Jun 21, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Can't change headphones to headset using realtek :p

cadaveca, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

OK, so this happened to me on my laptop. It wanted to use the realtek drivers no matter what. Let me show you what to do.
    Step 1. Open the start menu and type 'Device Manager' in the search bar. Click on the result.

Step 2.
    Can't change headphones to headset using realtek [​IMG]
    You'll see this window appear.

Step 3.
    Expand the 'Sound , video and game controllers' category.

Step 4. Find 'Realtek High Definition Audio' in the list, then right click it and select Properties.

Step 5.
    Click on the 'Driver' tab near the top of the window.

Step 6.
    Now click on the button that says 'Roll back driver'.
    If the button is dimmed, make sure your Realtek drivers are currently installed.

Step 6. If you did it correctly, the system should ask you to restart to finish. If it does then you finished the tutorial correctly!
    Once restarted, Open device manager again using step 1. Expand the 'sound, video and game controllers' category again.

Step 7. If it says 'High Definition Audio Device' then you did it right. Here's a pic for example purposes:

ThatsNiceGuy, Jun 21, 2021
  4. ste2425 Win User

Can't change headphones to headset using realtek

*TPU's Gaming Headphone/Headset Thread*

is this just for headphones/headsets or is stereo's listed also?

ste2425, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Can't change headphones to headset using realtek

1. Can't change headphones to headset using realtek - Similar Threads - Can't change headphones

2. Headset microphone not working using Realtek audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone not working using Realtek audio: Hello, so I have a new PC with windows in it and it has the realtek audio console installed. Whenever I plug my headphones in, a popup shows me the options: Line in, Mic in, Headphone, Speaker out. However, my headset has a microphone and I want to be able to choose both Mic...
  3. Sound problem using realtek speakers and headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem using realtek speakers and headset: I got a laptop with Windows 11 and there's a problem while on calls on Messenger, Meet, and Discord. I like to play movies or listen to music while video calling my girlfriend or watching movies together. But the audio disappears or even just calls I can't hear the ring of...
  4. How to change a headphone to a headset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change a headphone to a headset?: This is about the "What device did you plug in?" message that, surprisingly, only popped up only one time for me. That was different from my old. but still windows 11, computer that asked me every single time I turn it on. Anyways, I need a way to pop up that message again or...
  5. How to change a headphone to a headset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change a headphone to a headset?: This is about the "What device did you plug in?" message that, surprisingly, only popped up only one time for me. That was different from my old. but still windows 11, computer that asked me every single time I turn it on. Anyways, I need a way to pop up that message again or...
  6. How to change 'headphones' to 'headset'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change 'headphones' to 'headset'?: When i first connected my headset, it asked me if i was plugging in a headphones or headset, and i chose headphones. now i can't use the microphone on my headset, and i can't change it to a headset, because my computer thinks its headphones instead of a headset. i've tried...
  7. How to change 'headphones' to 'headset'?

How to change 'headphones' to 'headset'?: When i first connected my headset, it asked me if i was plugging in a headphones or headset, and i chose headphones. now i can't use the microphone on my headset, and i can't change it to a headset, because my computer thinks its headphones instead of a headset. i've tried...
  8. How to change Headphones to Headset with Mic?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Headphones to Headset with Mic?: Hi, I accidentally put my headset with mic down as headphones and cant figure out how to change it around, any help? I tried hard resetting my laptop and it didnt work and uninstalling the headphones didnt work either, please help!...
  9. How to change Headphones to Headset with Mic?

How to change Headphones to Headset with Mic?: Hi, I accidentally put my headset with mic down as headphones and cant figure out how to change it around, any help? I tried hard resetting my laptop and it didnt work and uninstalling the headphones didnt work either, please help!...
  10. Realtek and headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek and headset: Hey Guys, I just brought Myself Asus Tuf gaming laptop and it won’t pick up the mic on my headset Razer Kraken Pro the one with 3.5 jack, in the device manager I have Realtek(R) Audio and Intel(R) Display Audio and also Nvidia Virtal Audio, for some reason when in sound...