Windows 10: Can't change install folder for xbox app (beta)

Discus and support Can't change install folder for xbox app (beta) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I recently subscribed to xbox gamepass and wanted to download my first game. I have two drive on my pc but my boot drive is to small to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theilluminati24, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Can't change install folder for xbox app (beta)

Hi,

I recently subscribed to xbox gamepass and wanted to download my first game. I have two drive on my pc but my boot drive is to small to install games on it. therefore I wanted to change the install folder on my D drive. But when I go and change the "new app will be saved to" option I get a message that this drive as app from another device and that it needs to be deleted. So I accept and I get the following error message.

"We couldn't set your default save location..." error code 0x80070005

Changing install folder should not be so damn hard, can anyone help me with this?

submitted by /u/theilluminati24
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theilluminati24, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Xbox App and Xbox App (Beta) keep crashing on Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why the Xbox App (Beta) keeps on crashing. It is possible that the app is not updated or there is a software conflict with the other apps installed on your PC. To resolve your concern, We suggest that you perform the following solutions
    on your PC:

Solution 1. Run the Windows Apps troubleshooter by clicking the
    Run troubleshooter button on this link to fix problems with apps
    from Microsoft Store.

Solution 2. Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.

Solution 3. Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to update it.

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell in the search box.
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.
    • Launch Windows Store and download the
      Xbox App (Beta)

If the issue persists, click on this link for the steps to perform a clean
    boot. This process will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup applications. It also helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update to your PC.

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Can't change install folder for xbox app (beta)

New features arrive in the Xbox Beta app

Source:
    New features arrive in the Xbox Beta app | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't change install folder for xbox app (beta)

1. Can't change install folder for xbox app (beta) - Similar Threads - Can't change install

2. Xbox app Beta wont install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app Beta wont install: I downloaded the Xbox app from https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10 and as soon as I start the installer it gets stuck on "making things awesome". The reason I wanted to download the app is because my windows store doesnt let me download anything whatsoever...
  3. Xbox beta app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox beta app: My app won't let me sign in. It just acts like I didn't click anything. I've search the web and Uninstalled,reinstalled several times. Everything is up to date. I've seen several people report this problem but I've yet to find a solution. submitted by /u/rpgeeez [link]...
  4. Xbox beta app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox beta app: There was an app update for Xbox console companion and, as I always do to test, when I launched it afterwards it directed me to the new Xbox beta app. Said it is replacing Xbox console companion. I blindly clicked the link and installed it. Seems a poor shadow of the console...
  5. Xbox beta app

Xbox beta app: There was an app update for Xbox console companion and, as I always do to test, when I launched it afterwards it directed me to the new Xbox beta app. Said it is replacing Xbox console companion. I blindly clicked the link and installed it. Seems a poor shadow of the console...
  6. Xbox Beta App installation keeps freezing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Beta App installation keeps freezing.: I've been trying to install the beta app, and it freezes right after I press install. If I try to go through the Microsoft store, that also freezes. Windows is up to date for sure, so that's not the issue. Anyone got any ideas? submitted by /u/TuckerNoLucker [link]...
  7. Xbox Beta will not install

Xbox Beta will not install: I've recently moved my gaming onto the xbox beta for windows 10 and also have an active subscription for XGP. Originally the xbox beta software installed but game pass games would not install, staying on preparing indefinitely. I uninstalled the software and tried to...
  8. xbox beta app

xbox beta app: Hello, I recently got a xbox game pass for pc and everytime i install it and try to download sea of thieves i get a blue screen with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. All my drivers are updated, windows is updated, there are no memory issues, and i use windows defender for...
  9. Xbox game pass app beta, can't put the emulator in the folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox game pass app beta, can't put the emulator in the folder: I have just bought the xbox game pass, for windows 10, and I wanted to play MARVEL vs CAPCOM with my wife, but I cant modify anything in the game folder, it just says that I have no permission, BUT I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN PERMISSION TO ALL USERS, and also used the take ownership...
  10. Can't download the xbox beta app for pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download the xbox beta app for pc: I subscribed to the pc game pass but it says I must download the xbox beta app to use it, when I try to though it says I don't meet the system requirements due to windows needing to update to a newer version, but when I check for updates it says everything is up to date. I...