Windows 10: Can't change installation directory anymore

Discus and support Can't change installation directory anymore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was using an old fashioned windows installer, the one in the picture. I got to the point where it asked me where to install the files at. I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GoldenSniper874, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Can't change installation directory anymore

I was using an old fashioned windows installer, the one in the picture. I got to the point where it asked me where to install the files at. I installed it in the wrong folder, but only realized this after I installed it. So I exited the installer and uninstalled the files, but now everytime I try to use the installer it automatically defaults to the wrong folder and it doesn't let me choose where to install it anymore. I have tried reinstalling the installer and it still defaults to the wrong folder. How do I make it so it lets me choose again?

:)

GoldenSniper874, Aug 20, 2021

2. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Aug 20, 2021
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Aug 20, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

Can't change installation directory anymore

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

Can't change installation directory anymore

1. Can't change installation directory anymore - Similar Threads - Can't change installation

2. I can't change the directory of the Downloads icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the directory of the Downloads icon: How do I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-the-directory-of-the-downloads-icon/17e89af0-00a6-4461-83d3-3005b7d25a00
  3. I can't change the directory of the Downloads icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change the directory of the Downloads icon: How do I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-the-directory-of-the-downloads-icon/17e89af0-00a6-4461-83d3-3005b7d25a00
  4. Installer crash when trying to change the installation directory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installer crash when trying to change the installation directory: Hi, I'm running windows 10 on my laptop. The problem im encountered is whenever i try to install a program when i try to change the directory for the installation from C: which is default to any other partition D:/E:/F: the installer will crash. Same thing happen with all...
  5. Installer crash when trying to change the installation directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installer crash when trying to change the installation directory: Hi, I'm running windows 10 on my laptop. The problem im encountered is whenever i try to install a program when i try to change the directory for the installation from C: which is default to any other partition D:/E:/F: the installer will crash. Same thing happen with all...
  6. Installer crash when trying to change the installation directory

7. Can't change my laptop's brightness anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change my laptop's brightness anymore: brightness is always high and the brightness bar is grayed out. I did search automatically for drivers in the device manger for my display adapters but it says "the best drivers for your device is already installed". what else should I look for to solve this issue. submitted...
  8. Can't install VS Code after changing username and user directory name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install VS Code after changing username and user directory name: So I had to install a new hard drive recently. However the laptop technician made a typo with my name. I tried to change it in the control panel, but I still see my old wrong name in git and cmd. So I followed this guide to change the username. I changed the name in both...
  9. How to change the directory to which programs are installed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the directory to which programs are installed?: I've tried doing some research but everywhere I go it says changing where I install files to is dangerous, but my C: drive is full and I want to move all my programs to my D: drive and start installing programs there. Is there a safe way to transfer all these files? Do I have...
  10. Can't change "Default apps" anymore!

Can't change "Default apps" anymore!: Since a time ago I can't change the default apps from Start > Settings > System > Default apps [img] Is there a fix for this bug? 46507