Windows 10: Can't change key repeat time and delay.

Discus and support Can't change key repeat time and delay. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; All my keys have this extreme repeat time, I can't press a shit without it repeating itself so damn much. I've tried changing the repeat and delay time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/goazh, Feb 8, 2020.

1. /u/goazh Win User

Can't change key repeat time and delay.

All my keys have this extreme repeat time, I can't press a shit without it repeating itself so damn much. I've tried changing the repeat and delay time but it doesn't work.

submitted by /u/goazh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/goazh, Feb 8, 2020

2. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Win 10, I'm unable to change my keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed.

JosephBrunner41, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Can't change key repeat time and delay.

Windows 10 Keyboard Repeat Rate/Delay Keeps Changing

I prefer my keyboard repeat rate and delay to be as high as possible. I've always enjoyed immediate response when typing or holding a key.

I'm not sure why this is happening or if there is any correlation in when it occurs, but my keyboard repeat rate and delay keep reducing to a very low level (presumably default settings). But the Keyboard Properties never reflects whatever changes are occurring.

Can't change key repeat time and delay. Ow5rg.png

Every time these settings slow down, I'm forced to go back to these settings, and toggle one of the settings lower and then higher so I can Apply those settings. This resolves it, but it eventually returns.

How can I resolve this?

Ryan Foley, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't change key repeat time and delay.

1. Can't change key repeat time and delay. - Similar Threads - Can't change key

2. Keys are "sticking" and repeating a bunch of times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys are "sticking" and repeating a bunch of times: So I've been looking on the forums for a while but I can't seem to find anyone like this problem.I got a new keyboard about a year ago and it has been doing this thing every since I got it and it has been getting worse lately. It can be when I'm gaming, writing an essay, or...
  3. Keys are "sticking" and repeating a bunch of times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keys are "sticking" and repeating a bunch of times: So I've been looking on the forums for a while but I can't seem to find anyone like this problem.I got a new keyboard about a year ago and it has been doing this thing every since I got it and it has been getting worse lately. It can be when I'm gaming, writing an essay, or...
  4. Keys are "sticking" and repeating a bunch of times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard repeat delay not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard repeat delay not changing: After I installed a new update for windows 11, I noticed that my characters start to repeat after like under half a second and it is really annoying when typing because it usually starts to repeat after half a second. The keyboard character repeat in control panel does not...
  6. Keyboard repeat delay not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard repeat delay not changing: After I installed a new update for windows 11, I noticed that my characters start to repeat after like under half a second and it is really annoying when typing because it usually starts to repeat after half a second. The keyboard character repeat in control panel does not...
  7. What is the difference between Key Repeat rate and Repeat delay

in Windows 10 News
    What is the difference between Key Repeat rate and Repeat delay: [ATTACH]When configuring Keyboard Properties, you will find two settings— Repeat Delay and Repeat Rate. […] This article What is the difference between Key Repeat rate and Repeat delay first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Keyboard repeat delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard repeat delay: Hi! The repeat delay of my keyboard, the time it passes after I press a key and it starts to repeat, keeps going to all the way to the left slow. I have to manually set it in fast. Is there any way so it wont change....
  9. Custom Repeat Delay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Repeat Delay?: Is there any way to customize my keyboard's repeat delay beyond what is currently available on the Windows settings? There are only 4 options available for repeat delay. Thanks. submitted by /u/caseretard4321 [link] [comments]...
  10. Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows: How to: Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows How to Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows If your Windows device has a hardware keyboard, you can change the character repeat delay and rate for when you press and hold down a...