Windows 10: Can't change language on Windows 10 Lock Screen

Discus and support Can't change language on Windows 10 Lock Screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've been desperately trying to change the language of this Windows 10 Lock Screen for the past several hours but to no avail. I don't know how or why... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Julie Teh Yen Lu, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Can't change language on Windows 10 Lock Screen

I've been desperately trying to change the language of this Windows 10 Lock Screen for the past several hours but to no avail. I don't know how or why turned into Chinese language as I can't read Chinese. I have totally no idea what it is saying but whenever I click into them it directed me to Bing website. I have all my system language and browser language set to US English (including Bing website language) but somehow this Chinese language just wouldn't seem to go away. Desperately need help!

Can't change language on Windows 10 Lock Screen 2fb078fc-0e71-4304-8328-00aea8a13f5f?upload=true.jpg

:)

Julie Teh Yen Lu, Oct 2, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 2, 2019
  3. change display language

/Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if you are able to change the language in the lock screen by following the steps below:

• In the lock screen click on the last icon from the right.
    • Select English from the menu.

If this option is not available, in the lock screen, hold the Windows key and use Space bar key to change language.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 2, 2019
  4. matt57-14 Win User

Can't change language on Windows 10 Lock Screen

language on lock screen windows 10

I have the same problem and it is in Indonesian even the language icon on the lock screen is ENG. Change it as you suggested but nothing changed.

matt57-14, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Can't change language on Windows 10 Lock Screen

1. Can't change language on Windows 10 Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Can't change language

2. How to change Language on Lock screen in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Language on Lock screen in Windows 11/10: [IMG]Has the Windows Lock Screen Language changed automatically? Or did you change the display language, but the lock screen still shows the original language? In this post, we will show you multiple ways to change the language on the Windows lock screen to the one set as the...
  3. Can't change Windows 10 Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change Windows 10 Lock Screen: Hello guys.After switching back to Windows 10 from Windows 11, I can't change my Lock screen.When i choose a picture, the preview windows stuck on "loading"....
  4. Can't change Windows 10 Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change Windows 10 Lock Screen: Hello guys.After switching back to Windows 10 from Windows 11, I can't change my Lock screen.When i choose a picture, the preview windows stuck on "loading"....
  5. Can't change Windows 10 Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. language changing on lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language changing on lock screen problem: Hello MicrosoftI just installed a windows 10 update but when the update finished i tried to enter my password as usual but the language stayed english which i do not want and i tried to change it into arabic which i want but i discovred that there is no arabic languagenow i...
  7. language changing on lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    language changing on lock screen problem: Hello MicrosoftI just installed a windows 10 update but when the update finished i tried to enter my password as usual but the language stayed english which i do not want and i tried to change it into arabic which i want but i discovred that there is no arabic languagenow i...
  8. language changing on lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Can't change lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change lock screen: Hello! I've been having this problem for a few days now. I wanted to change my lock screen, when I selected the file it started to loading and nothing happened. Later I noticed a message saying: "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization." I looked...
  10. Can't change windows lock screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change windows lock screen.: Whenever I try to change my lock screen, the preview is an endless loading screen This is what I am talking about. https://i.imgur.com/qRYzqIf.png Please help me I have been trying to fix this for days, but I can't seem to find a fix for this issue. submitted by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 change the lock screen language

2. how to change language lock laptop

3. how to change language to english lock screen

4. language changes at log in screen so unable to put password,
  5. windows 10 lock screen language,
  6. windows 10 log in screen cant change language,
  7. how to change language on the laptop lock screen,
  8. lock screen language change,
  9. unable to change language in lock screen,
  10. lock screen language,
  11. windows 10 home cant change lockscreen