Windows 10: Can't change language script in IE 11.

Discus and support Can't change language script in IE 11. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Internet explorer -> internet option -> fonts -> language script. in the above section, I changed language script from Latin based to Korean. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JAEYOUNKIM, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Can't change language script in IE 11.

Internet explorer -> internet option -> fonts -> language script.

in the above section, I changed language script from Latin based to Korean.

But my change is never saved.

so, I can't read any sentence due to the font error. I tried to change other options. but it doesn't work.

the error is happened in Internet explorer and some programs also.

Do I have to re-install windows 10?

Can't change language script in IE 11. f85d328a-625d-4d81-bfe4-571d8d44eac4?upload=true.jpg

:)

JAEYOUNKIM, Feb 18, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Language change

Hi Peter,

It could be that the language pack is missing on your Windows 10 device. With this, we suggest that you try to add the language on your device. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Under Language, select Add a language.

You may also check the Change input methods on which language are currently installed on your device. You may also click Add a language on the
    Change your language preferences window.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Can't change language script in IE 11.

unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Can't change language script in IE 11.

1. Can't change language script in IE 11. - Similar Threads - Can't change language

2. can't change language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't change language: why i can't change my display language,in the setting "time and language" when change language also can't find change display language only keyboard language.How can fix this? Thanks...
  3. can't change language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't change language: why i can't change my display language,in the setting "time and language" when change language also can't find change display language only keyboard language.How can fix this? Thanks...
  4. Can't change keyboard language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change keyboard language: I can't fit it all in the title, let me explain what I'm looking for exactly: My language pack is fully installed, windows is updated. I'm not trying to Add a language, I'm trying to Add a Keyboard language. The languages I'm looking for are not listed there, but they are...
  5. Can't change inteface language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change inteface language: When i'm trying to change my interface language in setting they just freeze and stops answering.Windows updates also failed. When i downloaded update package it show me error 0x80080005. I tried these commands : "regsvr32 jscript.dll" "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" "regsvr32...
  6. Change language in Widows Ap ie. Movie maker

Change language in Widows Ap ie. Movie maker: Our Windows Applications appear in Estonian because our visiting friend downloaded it in that Language. How can I change it to English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-language-in-widows-ap-ie-movie-maker/8a3f6c6e-1eff-4581-9b23-c11547c39667
  7. Chrome & IE Export Script

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome & IE Export Script: I have to transition my team from Win 7 to Win 10. We have a mix of Chrome and IE. I am looking for a script that can export all of their bookmarks and passwords for both IE and Chrome ...for easy import into Chrome Only on the New Win 10 machines. Trying to avoid a lot of...
  8. Dictation language can't be changed

Dictation language can't be changed: When I try to use dictation by clicking Windows key+H an action center notification opens up. It says: Dictation is not available in current language: Japanese. So I go to the settings, change "Choose the language you speak with your device" to US English, which is what I...
  9. Can't delete favorite in IE 11.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't delete favorite in IE 11.: Cannot delete folder in IE 11. See screenshot. Henry [img] 68657
  10. Keep getting a script error in IE

in Browsers and Email
    Keep getting a script error in IE: I get the script error shown in the attached jpg file both in my desktop and my Lenovo laptop. Any ideas? [img] 36334

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot change language from IE 11 Win 10