Windows 10: Can't change local account to microsoft account

Discus and support Can't change local account to microsoft account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I couldn't sign into the xbox app and widgets said I wasn't online, so i changed my admin microsoft account to a local account. When trying to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RaulLieberwirth, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Can't change local account to microsoft account

I couldn't sign into the xbox app and widgets said I wasn't online, so i changed my admin microsoft account to a local account. When trying to change it back to a microsoft account i always get: Oops something went wrong. When i try to sign into my account via browser it works fine. Any ideas?

:)

RaulLieberwirth, Dec 7, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User
    Try3, Dec 7, 2021
  3. how to change local account to Microsoft account

Hi Linda,

To change your login settings from local account to Microsoft account, please follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu and select Accounts.
    • Select Your email and accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Type the details for your Microsoft Account.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Dec 7, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Can't change local account to microsoft account

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

Can't change local account to microsoft account

1. Can't change local account to microsoft account - Similar Threads - Can't change local

2. Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.: Hello, I just set up Windows 10 on my new laptop, but when I finished the set up and started to use it in the settings my account was labelled as a Lokal account. When I click on login I only get a error message that there was a problem with nothing else. It’s seems like the...
  3. Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.: Hello, I just set up Windows 10 on my new laptop, but when I finished the set up and started to use it in the settings my account was labelled as a Lokal account. When I click on login I only get a error message that there was a problem with nothing else. It’s seems like the...
  4. Can't change local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change local account to microsoft account: I couldn't sign into the xbox app and widgets said I wasn't online, so i changed my admin microsoft account to a local account. When trying to change it back to a microsoft account i always get: Oops something went wrong. When i try to sign into my account via browser it...
  5. Can't change local account to a Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change local account to a Microsoft account: I want to change PC login from a local account to a Microsoft account The system is Windows 10 Home When I go to Accounts I do not see the option 'Sign in with a Microsoft Account' What am I missing? How do I change a PC login using a local account to using a Microsoft...
  6. Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account: I set up my main desktop PC with a local account but have now learned the error of my ways and want to change it to a Microsoft Account. All of the online tutorials say to simply click the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". But that option is not there. Instead it...
  7. Changed microsoft account to local account and now i can't change it back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changed microsoft account to local account and now i can't change it back...: Like the title says, i accidentally switched my microsoft account to a local account and would like to change it back. I was having problems with sync and thought that doing that would fix it. just made things worse... When I try to login to my microsoft account, I go from...
  8. Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've been trying to change my local account to a Microsoft account on Windows 10, but I haven't been able to do so. No option appears saying "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". In the "Your info" section (Settings > Accounts > Your info), it displays my current...
  9. Can't change to local account

Can't change to local account: When I try to change to a local account on my 10 machine I get this message "The password you entered isn't complex enough to meet this PC's requirements. Please go back and try a password that contains numbers, letters and symbols" The password does contain letters,...
  10. Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon

Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon: Hello new to these forums and to Windows 10 in general - Windows 7 reasonably OK with. I bought a new laptop running Windows 10 Home 64 bit, and the initial setup left me with my Microsoft account and password as my sign in and my User folder as the first 5 letters of my...