Windows 10: Can't change local IP

Discus and support Can't change local IP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ver 2004, build 19041.330 After losing my internet for no apparent reason, I did a Network reset and rebooted which fixed the problem. A few days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BillDoor, Jan 25, 2021.

1. BillDoor Win User

Can't change local IP

ver 2004, build 19041.330
    After losing my internet for no apparent reason, I did a Network reset and rebooted which fixed the problem.
    A few days after I fired up my AMPPS server and could no longer access any of my local Wordpress sites.
    I realized the Network reset had changed my IPv4 from 1.63 to 1.64.
    So I went into the Ethernet Properties for the adapter and changed it back to 1.63.
    Fired up AMMPS perfect.
    Tried to open a normal website - no connection. Outlook no connection. Skype no connection.
    Ping google and it does respond? So ping responds but all other apps can't connect. WTH?
    Can someone explain why I can't use the internet after changing my IP address locally back to where it was a few days ago?
    Thanks.

:)

BillDoor, Jan 25, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 25, 2021
  3. W10 - losing ip connection to ISP, drops DHCP and defaults to APIPA IP address

Hi,

With regard to your query, we suggest that you try resetting the TCP/IP by using the steps below:

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command below:

netsh int ip reset
    • Hit Enter to execute the command.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Can't change local IP

ip address changing

Hello,

Your IP is provided by your ISP and cannot be changed. Your IP address is assigned to you by the ISP and can be seen by anyone.

I would suggest that you refer the link and follow the steps from the article.

Delete and manage cookies

Delete and manage cookies

Hope this helps.

Divya Murugan, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Can't change local IP

1. Can't change local IP - Similar Threads - Can't change local

2. change ip address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change ip address: I need help changing my ip address can you get on my machine and change it for me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-ip-address/cbd3a599-43f7-4737-aeae-4a2b6de28873
  3. change ip address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change ip address: I need help changing my ip address can you get on my machine and change it for me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-ip-address/cbd3a599-43f7-4737-aeae-4a2b6de28873
  4. change ip address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No Internet, Secured can't change my ip?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Internet, Secured can't change my ip?: Recently moved into my dorm and when I first moved in the wifi was fine on my pc. However recvently it's just been saying no internet, secured. On my laptop and phone it works fine but my pc it doesn't. I have to use a wifi adapter since there is no ethernet. I tried doing...
  6. Can't save IP address change in Manual

Can't save IP address change in Manual: I am trying to connect to a NanoStation LocoM2 and after connecting an ethernet cable I'm instructed to change my ethernet connection on the laptop to Static.....problem is when I enter the IP address,, 192.168.1.5 and subnet of 255.255.255.0 and hit save the message "can't...
  7. Local IP returned instead of remote VPN's IP

Local IP returned instead of remote VPN's IP: Hi for several years both in win7 and now win10 I have a VPN to a remote Draytek router in the UK. All worked very well. BUT: Between July this year and now (Oct) something has changed and exceeds my expertise to correct. I can set things to either: (a) connect to sites...
  8. Prevent local IP address from changing after logon

Prevent local IP address from changing after logon: Hi folks I've only noticed this recently after ISP upgraded its network. I have a NAS that at logon time gets assigned an IP address via DHCP -- that's fine - I rarely re-boot the server - but since the ISP upgrade the local IP address changes for example from 192.168.1.20 to...
  9. Can't change to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change to local account: When I try to change to a local account on my 10 machine I get this message "The password you entered isn't complex enough to meet this PC's requirements. Please go back and try a password that contains numbers, letters and symbols" The password does contain letters,...
  10. Can't get "Hide My IP" VPN to work in Windows 10 - IP remains local.

Can't get "Hide My IP" VPN to work in Windows 10 - IP remains local.: I've got a pretty specific problem. I travel some, and some of the applications I use need to believe I am in the USA even when I'm not. On Windows 7, "Hide My IP" did the job perfectly. However,under Windows 10, nothing that I do seems to stop my local (Taiwan) IP from being...