Windows 10: Can't change lock screen background [bug]

Discus and support Can't change lock screen background [bug] in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Two days ago I noticed that I can't change my lock screen background and it's stuck at this: [ATTACH] I tried on a different user account, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mikołaj Zaremba, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Can't change lock screen background [bug]

Hello,

Two days ago I noticed that I can't change my lock screen background and it's stuck at this:

Can't change lock screen background [bug] ca550efd-ebe4-41a6-a943-2d9674a4f419?upload=true.png

I tried on a different user account, I used System file checker, removed some keys in the registry, disabling services, and nothing helps. I don't want to reinstall Windows every goddamn month.

:)

Mikołaj Zaremba, Jan 26, 2020

2. Lock screen background keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand your concern about lock screen background, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to personalize the lock screen and check if it helps:

Change your lock screen background:

• Right click on Desktop, click on Personalization, and on
      Lock screen in the left pane.
    • Here, under Background (click on the drop down arrow) you will see
      Windows spotlight, Picture, Slideshow.
    • Select Windows Spotlight, lock the screen (Press Windows key + L) and check if it helps.
    • Also, you can select Picture, Choose your picture, lock the screen and check if the issue persists.

For more information refer: Personalize your lock screen

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Dave1776 Win User
    Windows lock screen background images

Thanks found the photo I was looking for in the list that app got!

Can't change lock screen background [bug] [​IMG]

Dave1776, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Can't change lock screen background [bug]

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't change lock screen background [bug]

1. Can't change lock screen background [bug] - Similar Threads - Can't change lock

2. Changing Lock Screen Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Lock Screen Background: I currently have my lock screen background set to a slideshow with a mix of some of my favorite art and photography. However, Windows seems to have chosen a 'default' image that it returns to when I click to sign in - it also always starts the slideshow with this image,...
  3. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  4. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  5. Can't change lock screen background image

6. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  7. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  8. Can't change lock screen background image.

9. Changing the lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the lock screen background: I have just bought a new HP laptop with Windows 10. I am trying to change the lock screen but the box to choose an image is greyed out and I have a red message saying 'some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation.' This is weird as this is my personal...
  10. Can't change lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change lock screen background: So basicly i want to change my lock screen background, i did it once and now i can't change it to something else. It keeps on the loading animation but it does nothing.[ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. imgurl:https://www.bing.com/th/id/ABTABB0D5DA43CDE7A7429B2E0697EECAE845D60AEC7E028DFFCA416363C0740E87?qlt=90&pid=InlineBlock