Windows 10: Can't change mac address, tried everything

Discus and support Can't change mac address, tried everything in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am really stuck. I am trying to change the MAC address of my adapter, but it never saves. I already tried using things like tmac and editing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Charmed_941, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Can't change mac address, tried everything

I am really stuck. I am trying to change the MAC address of my adapter, but it never saves.

I already tried using things like tmac and editing the registry.

Also when I go into Device Manager and click properties of the network adapter, the "Network address" option is missing.

Please help me change it because I tried everything. Thank you.

I am trying to change the following:

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2

:)

Charmed_941, Nov 4, 2019

2. Change Mac address

The MAC address is like your devices ID ,so short of being able to change very core settings ,you're not gonna be able to do anything unless I'm mistaken.

Maybe you don't need to change your MAC address, what is it you're trying to accomplish?

Spoiler: I found this change mac w/o root I can't say whether or not this is an effective method it's just a method I found after searching this topic .
    I cant say whether or not it is "safe" or if the software required is free. use at your own risk.

Change MAC Address of Android Devices without Root Access

Go to Settings>About Phone>Select Status and then make a note of the current MAC Address of your Android device.
    Download the Android Terminal Emulator application from the Google Play Store. You can directly navigate to the Android Terminal Emulator Google Play Store download page by clicking here.
    Launch the above application on your Android device and then type “IP LINK SHOW”.
    Note the interface name of your Android device from the list.
    And then type in the command below,
    ip link set interfacename XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY
    Replace interfacename with the Interface Name of your network that you noted in Step 4 above and XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY with the MAC Address you wish to set.
    And that’s it. The MAC Address of your Android device will now be modified/changed.

jboydgolfer, Nov 4, 2019
  3. PcForge Win User
    Change Mac address

I would like to change the Mac address on my honor 6x. I tried following some instructions online for how to do it in Android terminal emulator but I was denied access.

PcForge, Nov 4, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Can't change mac address, tried everything

Change Mac address

Then you're probably not changing your MAC Address...

Thema:

Can't change mac address, tried everything

1. Can't change mac address, tried everything - Similar Threads - Can't change mac

2. Cannot Change MAC Address To Specific Value

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Change MAC Address To Specific Value: Hello, I Was Tring To Change My MAC Address To A Specific Address bcd074555257 I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter And The Only Way I Managed To Change My Address Was Through A 3rd Party Apps Technetium Mac Address Changer, Smart DNS Changer, But None Of Them Could...
  3. Cannot Change MAC Address To Specific Value

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Change MAC Address To Specific Value: Hello, I Was Tring To Change My MAC Address To A Specific Address bcd074555257 I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter And The Only Way I Managed To Change My Address Was Through A 3rd Party Apps Technetium Mac Address Changer, Smart DNS Changer, But None Of Them Could...
  4. mac address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mac address: Hi, Good time Why does my system MAC address change every time I install new Windows? I really need my MAC address to stay the same. And this is the third time that it has changed with the installation of the new Windows 10. I participate in courses that provide codes...
  5. mac address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mac address: Hi, Good time Why does my system MAC address change every time I install new Windows? I really need my MAC address to stay the same. And this is the third time that it has changed with the installation of the new Windows 10. I participate in courses that provide codes...
  6. changing MAC address with intel web adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    changing MAC address with intel web adapter: Hi was wondering if someone could help me. I have been trying to change my MAC address and have been struggling with normal methods ie: control centre and command prompt. I've read that Intel Network adapters make it pretty hard to change the MAC address. My network adapter...
  7. MAC address changes on reboot

MAC address changes on reboot: My PC's MAC address changes on reboot even though the "Random hardware address" option is disabled in WiFi settings. This is creating issues as my university uses a captive login portal that requires each device's MAC address to be registered....
  8. The RNDIS devices mac address always change

The RNDIS devices mac address always change: I want to use fixed mac address for my usb tethering device(android), but it seems the mac address always change when active usb tethering. I also try to set a fixed value in the advanced options of RNDIS device, but it not works! [ATTACH]...
  9. MAC Address, MAC ID

MAC Address, MAC ID: Anyone know where I can find my MAC address or MAC ID? I have a Microsoft HP Laptop/touchscreen with Windows 10 and I need the MAC address, Where do I go to find out that information???...
  10. Change Wifi Router Mac Address

Change Wifi Router Mac Address: How can I change my Cisco Cable Modem's Mac Address>*Biggrin 42984