Windows 10: can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11

Discus and support can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In win 10 I used to right click on any mp3 file and select details tab in properties, then click on the stars next to rating to change it.In win 11,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Saleh Al Harmoodi, Dec 19, 2021.

1. can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11

In win 10 I used to right click on any mp3 file and select details tab in properties, then click on the stars next to rating to change it.In win 11, there are no stars, instead it is in written format. So if a file was rated with 3 stars, it'd be written "3 Stars" next to rating.However, when I tried to click on it to change it, nothing happens no matter how many times I click on it.I tried on many files, but I faced same issue.

:)

Saleh Al Harmoodi, Dec 19, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Napster to Sell Music as MP3 Files

Napster Inc. said Sunday it will begin selling music downloads as unprotected MP3 files in the spring, joining other online retailers. The file format change will apply only to single tracks and album purchases, according to a company press release. Tracks downloaded as part of the company's music subscription service will continue to have copyright restrictions. Unlike music files that come with copy protections embedded, MP3 files are compatible with most portable music devices, including Apple Inc.'s market-leading iPod media players, Microsoft Corp.'s Zune and mobile phones that play music. "The ubiquity and cross-platform compatibility of MP3s should create a more level playing field for music services and hardware providers and result in greater ease of use and broader adoption of digital music," Chris Gorog, Napster's chairman and chief executive, said in a statement. The company did not say which record companies had agreed to license music for sale as MP3s via Napster.

Source: Yahoo! News

malware, Dec 19, 2021
  3. MP3 file property details

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are looking for an option to edit the Metadata of the mp3 files. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Were you able to make the changes in metadata with other details?
    Please provide a screenshot, when you are trying to edit the metadata.
    Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
    2. Browse the location of the songs you want to edit.
    3. Right-click a song, and select
      Properties. Click the Details tab.
    4. Everything you see in the "Details" tab is part of the metadata information, and you can quickly edit most of it by clicking the value field next to the property. Some of the information that you can update
      includes song title (not the file name), album name, artist, genre, publisher, mood, and much more.
    5. After updating the metadata information, click the
      Apply button.
    6. Click the Ok button.

However, you can also check in Microsoft Store, Apps for MP3 metadata editors and use the one that is suitable for you.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 19, 2021
  4. can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11

How to change the music files to mp3 mode on WIndows 10.

Hi Gail,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I understand your issue to change the music files to mp3 mode on your system and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the file format of the music files?
    • As per your post, you say " change my music to mp3 mode ", Do you need to convert the audio files to mp3 file format?
    • What is the audio player application, you use to play the audio files?
    Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 19, 2021
Thema:

can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11

1. can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11 - Similar Threads - can't change music

2. Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.: As the title says, I can no longer see the properties of the of music files in file explorer.I happened after I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack Full shell extension from my computer. I tried re-starting my computer to see if it would restore the music files properties'...
  3. Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.: As the title says, I can no longer see the properties of the of music files in file explorer.I happened after I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack Full shell extension from my computer. I tried re-starting my computer to see if it would restore the music files properties'...
  4. Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MP3 music rating & Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MP3 music rating & Taskbar: When I have added a new MP3 file, I cannot correct the rating. Most new songs do not have a rating. When is this problem going to be fixed. Windows 11 has been out for some time now and has not been fixed. Also, I DO NOT WANT MY TASKBAR ON THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN. Why can't...
  6. MP3 music rating & Taskbar

MP3 music rating & Taskbar: When I have added a new MP3 file, I cannot correct the rating. Most new songs do not have a rating. When is this problem going to be fixed. Windows 11 has been out for some time now and has not been fixed. Also, I DO NOT WANT MY TASKBAR ON THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN. Why can't...
  7. can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11: In win 10 I used to right click on any mp3 file and select details tab in properties, then click on the stars next to rating to change it.In win 11, there are no stars, instead it is in written format. So if a file was rated with 3 stars, it'd be written "3 Stars" next to...
  8. Why can't I change ratings of MP3 files in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change ratings of MP3 files in Windows 11?: Windows 10 was already quite "annoying" in the sense that ratings assigned to songs in Windows Media Player were only temporary. In order to make those ratings permanent, one had to go to the corresponding MP3 file and change manually the rating in the Properties / Details of...
  9. Why can't I change ratings of MP3 files in Windows 11?

Why can't I change ratings of MP3 files in Windows 11?: Windows 10 was already quite "annoying" in the sense that ratings assigned to songs in Windows Media Player were only temporary. In order to make those ratings permanent, one had to go to the corresponding MP3 file and change manually the rating in the Properties / Details of...
  10. Problem with changing properties of a music file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with changing properties of a music file.: Today I downloaded about 20 songs from the internet. Some of the properties such as the Album Artist were wrong. So by right clicking>Properties>Details>Album Artist I set the value to a different name. I even clicked on the apply button but the Album Artist property didn't...