Windows 10: can't change my computer to administrator

Discus and support can't change my computer to administrator in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been trying to uninstall apps and download them but i cant because my computer is not logged in as the admin, i have tried the command prompt... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ToddGregory1, Feb 1, 2019.

1. can't change my computer to administrator

I have been trying to uninstall apps and download them but i cant because my computer is not logged in as the admin, i have tried the command prompt way help me please this is getting very annoying

:)

ToddGregory1, Feb 1, 2019

2. how to change administrator on my computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that your administrator account has been changed to another account as administrator. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the account settings as administrator and check if it helps.

1. In the search type as “user accounts”.

2. Click on “change your account types”.

3. All the user accounts will be listed there, under your account you can select as administrator.

4. The account will be changed to administrator.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 1, 2019
  3. changing administrator

Hi,

Share this information to assist you better.

• What are the steps you have tried to change the Admin rights?
    • How many accounts have you configured in your computer?
    Try the below steps if you have not tried:

• Open Control Panel (Move the cursor to the lower/left corner of the screen and
      Right Click, select Control Panel on the menu.
    • In Control Panel, select User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account.

This will show all of the user accounts on the computer. If there is an Administrator account it will show that designation.

• Sign Out and log on with any Administrator Account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account and then select the Standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.
    If there are no other Administrator Accounts, let us know and we can try another recovery method.

Let us know what you find.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 1, 2019
  4. can't change my computer to administrator

Change Administrator on old computer

Hello,

We appreciate that you post your concern here in the Community. To help you change the administrator account on your computer, you may need to
    create a new account first by following the steps provided in this article on how to
    create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if you’re able to create a new user account
    on your device.

Furthermore, log in to the newly created admin account and then delete the old one from the
    Settings. To do this, you may proceed with the following steps below:

• Click Start > Settings > Accounts > Family & other people.
    • Under the Other people section, select the account that you want to delete, and then click the
      Remove button.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    • After completing the steps, you may check if you can properly remove the old account on your computer.

***If you think this was helpful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.***

If you have other concerns, feel free to post it here in the Community.

Joseph Ban, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

can't change my computer to administrator

1. can't change my computer to administrator - Similar Threads - can't change computer

2. Can't change back to administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change back to administrator: I tried to switch my account to Standard but it said it was the only administrator account so I made the Guest account administrator, but for some reason when I try to run something as administrator, it asks for the administrator's password which I didn't set in the Guest...
  3. Can't change back to administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change back to administrator: I tried to switch my account to Standard but it said it was the only administrator account so I made the Guest account administrator, but for some reason when I try to run something as administrator, it asks for the administrator's password which I didn't set in the Guest...
  4. Can't change back to administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't make any Administrator setting changes as Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't make any Administrator setting changes as Administrator: I am logged in on my Administrator account on Windows 10, however if I click the ''Run as an Administrator'' option on any program such as Steam.exe I get the error '' Windows Cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to...
  6. Can't change account to Administrator

Can't change account to Administrator: I only have one user on my windows 10 computer and I can't change it to an Administrator. The UAC pops up everytime and there is only NO option. I have trying everything i could see for other posts and nothing works. Here is what I've tried: 1Go to user accounts and change...
  7. Can't change myself to administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't change myself to administrator: About a month ago, i was doing fine with saving photos and everything, but suddenly when i tried to save a photo from the web, the computer say that i have to contact with the admin, i tried to use the active admin :yes cmd but it says access denied...
  8. Changing administrator on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing administrator on my computer: Ok I have been at this for hours, trying to google or bing an answer. when my son set up my computer he set himself as admin., how do I change this, I have tried several things and nothing is working. it cannot be that difficult but I cannot figure it out. HELP...
  9. Remove administrator, change administrator and computer designation

Remove administrator, change administrator and computer designation: Two years ago when I purchased a new computer and set it up under my name I uploaded the skype app, which in the process changed my computer identification email address to a false name I used for restaurant reviews. I have not been able to change it back, and Microsoft uses...
  10. Changing the Administrator on my work computer

Changing the Administrator on my work computer: I recently inherited a computer at work from someone who left the company. How do I change the administrator to be me instead of that person? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-administrator-on-my-work-computer/194692bc-d1d3-4c71-a166-325f96c9aad7