Windows 10: Can't change my computer's password on Windows 10

Discus and support Can't change my computer's password on Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone! Hope you are doing well. I just need to change my computer's password. But I can't. I don't understand why it keeps giving errors, and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shahin Alekberli, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Can't change my computer's password on Windows 10

Hello everyone! Hope you are doing well. I just need to change my computer's password. But I can't. I don't understand why it keeps giving errors, and I tried every method but still, it has shown the error. Error is: The system is not authoritative for the specified account and therefore cannot complete the operation. Please retry the operation using the provider associated with this account. If this is an online provider please use the provider's online site. I couldn't understand what I need to do to solve the problem. Can someone tell me what I need to do step by step?

:)

Shahin Alekberli, Jun 5, 2021

2. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 5, 2021
  3. Forgot Windows 10 password...

If it's a Microsoft account, you should be able to change the password via another computer at live.com and the password should also change to match on the computer (obviously make sure it has internet access first). The password is verified online during login.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 5, 2021
  4. Can't change my computer's password on Windows 10

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

Can't change my computer's password on Windows 10

1. Can't change my computer's password on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't change computer's

2. Can't change Windows password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change Windows password: Hello all,I need to change my Windows password. It asked me to verify that it was me by sending a code to my Outlook email. I never receive any email from Microsoft and my email works fine.Any idea? Please help.Thanks...
  3. Can't change Windows password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't change Windows password: Hello all,I need to change my Windows password. It asked me to verify that it was me by sending a code to my Outlook email. I never receive any email from Microsoft and my email works fine.Any idea? Please help.Thanks...
  4. Can't Change Child's Password on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Change Child's Password on Windows 10: Ok so my child's account have very long password. Any way I can put PIN on my childs account on the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-childs-password-on-windows-10/dff92b1a-71c0-4fd6-893c-5b95f2d075c6
  5. Can't Change Child's Password on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Change Child's Password on Windows 10: Ok so my child's account have very long password. Any way I can put PIN on my childs account on the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-childs-password-on-windows-10/dff92b1a-71c0-4fd6-893c-5b95f2d075c6
  6. Can't Change Child's Password on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I can't change my computer login password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't change my computer login password.: I'm not sure if this came with the recent update, but when I tried changing my computer password, it directed me to change my Microsoft account password. In sign in options, I clicked on password, and it says underneath "Your account password is all set up to sign in to...
  8. Changed password on Windows 10 computer and now it says my password is invalid

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changed password on Windows 10 computer and now it says my password is invalid: Changed password on Windows 10 HP computer and now it says my password is invalid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-password-on-windows-10-computer-and-now-it/46589832-52c5-4086-b461-0e72802189f2"
  9. Can't Change Child's Password on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Change Child's Password on Windows 10: There was a previous post with this same title. Doesn't seem like anyone ever answered the question on how the administrator of a PC can change the account passwords for other users (aka their children). The previous post was locked because it was so old, so I am adding a new...
  10. Can't change computer login password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change computer login password: I want to change the password when I log into the computer on start up. The one where you have to put the password in just to get the computer to even get to the home page. I've change my password in the Microsoft account part but it didn't change the main computer log in....