Windows 10: Can't change my game's installation folder on Microsoft Store, despite "New apps will save...

Discus and support Can't change my game's installation folder on Microsoft Store, despite "New apps will save... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the title says. My SSD got just 6 GBs left, got myself the Xbox Pass expecting to play some Metro Exodus tonight. I'm not able to move the folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexanderAST, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Can't change my game's installation folder on Microsoft Store, despite "New apps will save...

As the title says. My SSD got just 6 GBs left, got myself the Xbox Pass expecting to play some Metro Exodus tonight.

I'm not able to move the folder itself out of Program Files on C:, while the settings to install new games is set to D:

Can't change my game's installation folder on Microsoft Store, despite "New apps will save... c319f0c9-01a4-4342-8e24-a23573919847?upload=true.png

C: is the only option in the installation options. My subscription is running out.

:)

AlexanderAST, Sep 15, 2019

2. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Dgui14 Win User
    Microsoft Store Games

I downloaded several pc games from my xbox game pass which I no longer have.

I decided to uninstall them, and I did, but didn-t see any change on my drive memory capacity, which means, they were not removed at all. I can-t find them anymore on the microsoft store library nor on my pc app list though.

Doing some research, I found the hidden microsoft store apps folder, and realized the games are still there. How can I safely remove them, without just deleting the folders? And why didn-t they get uninstalled when I did so through the add or remove programs
    feature?

Dgui14, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Can't change my game's installation folder on Microsoft Store, despite "New apps will save...

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Can't change my game's installation folder on Microsoft Store, despite "New apps will save...

1. Can't change my game's installation folder on Microsoft Store, despite "New apps will save... - Similar Threads - Can't change game's

2. Can't change game installation drive in Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change game installation drive in Microsoft store: I want to download games in Microsoft store on a different drive but it doesn't let me do it.I'm well aware I could change where new content is saved but I don't want to save all my other stuff on a different drive, just specific apps and games....
  3. Can't change game installation drive in Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change game installation drive in Microsoft store: I want to download games in Microsoft store on a different drive but it doesn't let me do it.I'm well aware I could change where new content is saved but I don't want to save all my other stuff on a different drive, just specific apps and games....
  4. Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store: I was just trying to install Minecraft for Windows on the Microsoft Store, but whenever I click on an app/game it just shows this.I've tried everything to trying to enable the Windows Update service in services.msc, but whenever I try to set it to "Manual" so I can start it...
  5. Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store: I was just trying to install Minecraft for Windows on the Microsoft Store, but whenever I click on an app/game it just shows this.I've tried everything to trying to enable the Windows Update service in services.msc, but whenever I try to set it to "Manual" so I can start it...
  6. Changing where new content is saved doesn't work, can't install games from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing where new content is saved doesn't work, can't install games from microsoft store: Microsoft Store wants to install Forza Horizon 5 on the C: drive but it's too smallI have 997Gb of empty space in my D: drive, have it as a save location but i get the 0x80070070 error code "This app or game requires more room than your drive has available."I tried changing...
  7. Changing where new content is saved doesn't work, can't install games from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing where new content is saved doesn't work, can't install games from microsoft store: Microsoft Store wants to install Forza Horizon 5 on the C: drive but it's too smallI have 997Gb of empty space in my D: drive, have it as a save location but i get the 0x80070070 error code "This app or game requires more room than your drive has available."I tried changing...
  8. Changing where new content is saved doesn't work, can't install games from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Can't change where my new apps are saved too. Can't install xbox gamepass games on external...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change where my new apps are saved too. Can't install xbox gamepass games on external...: Hey, I have been trying to change where my new apps install too but I keep getting the error message. 0x80070005. This error is stopping me from installing games through xbox game pass as according to the xbox app, that drive isn't set up for installing games, despite other...
  10. Can't change where my new apps are saved to.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change where my new apps are saved to.: I have been trying to change where my new apps install too but I keep keeping the error message. 0x80070005. Its frustrating because I just purchased the xbox gamepass for pc and can't change where I want to install my games too. Each time I go to install a game I get the...