Windows 10: Can't change my install location

Discus and support Can't change my install location in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i tried to change where things were installed by trying to use settings>system>storage>change where content is installed. i keep on getting the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by forcedgunn, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Can't change my install location

i tried to change where things were installed by trying to use settings>system>storage>change where content is installed. i keep on getting the error code 0x80004004 and nothing i have seen on the internet has help so far any help would be helpful.

:)

forcedgunn, Jul 2, 2020

2. Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Can't Change my Location

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to change the region and language settings.

1. Go to the Control Panel.

2. If you’re in the standard view, open Clock, Language, and Region and then click Region.

3. In Region change the following settings:

• Go to Formats tab and set format as your requirements.
    • Go to Location tab and set as your requirements.
    • Go to Administrative tab and set Current System Locale as your requirements.
    4. In Clock, Language, and Region, click Languages and set a primary language as your requirements. If you don’t have the language install, click on Add a language, search for language install it,
    and set it as your primary.

5. Re-boot your computer and you should now be able change the settings.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Can't change my install location

Can’t change the location.

Hi George,

I am sorry to hear that you had to encounter an internet connection issue in Windows 10 before. You can always come to us for any issues on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Let us see what to do to resolve this issue on location settings. TO assist you better, please answer the questions below.

• Where did you see your location as Vermont USA? How did you tried to change the location?

• Are you getting any error messages while changing the location?

• What is the build version of the Windows? Follow the below steps to check the build version.

• Open up the run command with the
      Win key + R key combo.

• Type winver into the run command text box and hit
      OK.

• You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

I suggest you to ON the location service and check if the location is changed to your current location. If the location service is ON, the Windows will automatically find your location once the system in connected to internet and update
    the location on the Apps, which has the permission to access to the location. Refer to the below link to ON the location service and more.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12444/windows-10-location-service-privacy-faq

You may also change your Country or region manually by the following steps;

• In the search box on task bar, enter Change region, then select
      Change your country or region.

• Under Country or region, select your new region.

Hope you can change your location.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't change my install location

1. Can't change my install location - Similar Threads - Can't change install

2. Can't change the download location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change the download location: How to change the all downloading location, from c drive to d drive ?I changed the location from settings, but it still downloading for the c drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-the-download-location/07fb58de-c276-4565-994a-6430e149da4d
  3. Can't change the download location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change the download location: How to change the all downloading location, from c drive to d drive ?I changed the location from settings, but it still downloading for the c drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-the-download-location/07fb58de-c276-4565-994a-6430e149da4d
  4. Why can't I change my default install location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change my default install location?: Xbox app on windows 11, why does it recognize my drive but won't let me click the new drive for default install location it is already in the proper format as well?...
  5. Why can't I change my default install location?

Why can't I change my default install location?: Xbox app on windows 11, why does it recognize my drive but won't let me click the new drive for default install location it is already in the proper format as well?...
  6. Simplenote Install Location Changed

Simplenote Install Location Changed: I've had the note app "Simplenote" installed on my Windows 10 laptop, my Apple iMac and iPhone for ages. It does everything I need with no extras. A couple of days ago I was told by the app that there was an update (I had v 2.5.0 installed, 2.6.0 was available), so I let it...
  7. Can't change primary location to install apps/programs for windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change primary location to install apps/programs for windows: When I try to change the primary installation drive for windows apps, or programs, I get an error message that is like this: 0x80070005 as well as it it says try again later. I do but nothing changes it's always the same error message. I need help to solve this, I am can't...
  8. Can't change install location for Microsoft Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't change install location for Microsoft Apps: I have been trying to change the install location of my apps from my main ssd to a larger secondary drive but because of TrustedInstaller i don't have the permission to make this change. I have tried dozens of tutorials and suggestions online to rectify this but it still...
  9. Change Default Installation Location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Default Installation Location?: Hello! I was wondering if there was a way to change my default "C:" drive location to my storage "E:" drive location. I have some programs that I am trying to install and they are automatically installing themselves into the "C:" drive. So I was hoping there was a way to...
  10. Changing default install location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing default install location: Alright, so I got a new hard drive today and I'd like to install my apps from the Microsoft store on that drive. However in the drop down menu in "Change where new content is saved" only the C: drive shows. In file explorer it appears and I've installed steam games to it and...