Windows 10: Can't change my laptop brightness level

Discus and support Can't change my laptop brightness level in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop brightness level is fixed to max and the brightness keys aren't working. what should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by {ahmed531}, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Can't change my laptop brightness level

My laptop brightness level is fixed to max and the brightness keys aren't working. what should I do?

:)

{ahmed531}, Feb 5, 2021

2. brightness level percentage

Hi Marie,

For us to narrow down your concern with brightness level and icon in brightness bar and notification center, we would like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Send us a screenshot of your brightness settings.
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Laptop brightness display level

After the latest Windows update, I cannot change the display brightness level(HP laptop) which is set on high. Please advise. I have tried both the brightness level keyboard key, and the Windows setting option.

KennethBeazley, Feb 5, 2021
  4. ICG01 Win User

Can't change my laptop brightness level

Change screen brightness

My laptop screen is dull. Need to make it brighter. However the suggestion --> Start - Settings - System - Brightness and color

does not work. It is already set to max. brightness but there is no reaction. Screen remains dull. By the way there is no change if I move slide to minimum brightness, it would not change brightness level at all. Any suggestion?

ICG01, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Can't change my laptop brightness level

1. Can't change my laptop brightness level - Similar Threads - Can't change laptop

2. I can't change my brightness level.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my brightness level.: My f4 & f5 buttons can't work and when I go to settings I can't change the brightness level too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-brightness-level/89b84e0e-e5dd-4c93-ae1f-c152907f66a3
  3. I can't change my brightness level.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change my brightness level.: My f4 & f5 buttons can't work and when I go to settings I can't change the brightness level too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-brightness-level/89b84e0e-e5dd-4c93-ae1f-c152907f66a3
  4. Can't Change Brightness On Gateway Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Change Brightness On Gateway Laptop: I have upgraded from Vista 32 bit to Win 10 32 bit on a Gateway P6822. Everything appears to be working fine except I can't adjust the screen brightness; its stuck on maximum. The hotkeys and also the Win 10 settings do actually make the brightness sliders move up and down...
  5. Can't Change Brightness On Gateway Laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't Change Brightness On Gateway Laptop: I have upgraded from Vista 32 bit to Win 10 32 bit on a Gateway P6822. Everything appears to be working fine except I can't adjust the screen brightness; its stuck on maximum. The hotkeys and also the Win 10 settings do actually make the brightness sliders move up and down...
  6. Can't change my laptop's brightness anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change my laptop's brightness anymore: brightness is always high and the brightness bar is grayed out. I did search automatically for drivers in the device manger for my display adapters but it says "the best drivers for your device is already installed". what else should I look for to solve this issue. submitted...
  7. Brightness Level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Level: I have an issue where i try to change my brightness by sliding it to the number i want but it is not working, plz help me fix this issue, i even tried updating my graphics card its still not working...
  8. Can't change laptop brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change laptop brightness: So my laptop display brightness randomly went down, (I was playing some games) at first I thought my charger pulled out or something like that but that wasn't the case. When I try to change the brightness via the F10 and F11 the windows brightness changing popup comes up but...
  9. I can't change my brightness in my reformatted laptop.

I can't change my brightness in my reformatted laptop.: So, today is the 3 day of my laptop being reformatted to Windows 10 Home Single Language and I can't change my screen brightness and I am also using a Acer Aspire E 14 Laptop. I am really waiting for you answers on this, Thank you....
  10. brightness level locked at lowest level

brightness level locked at lowest level: I am completely unable to change the brightness level. i have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, rebooted in excess of 20 times, i still cant change it in safe mode. is there any way to fix this, or am I going to have to waste hours of time reinstalling the most buggy OS ever...