Windows 10: Cant change my laptops brightness when not plugged in

Discus and support Cant change my laptops brightness when not plugged in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Im currently having an issue with my screen brightness adjustment. Whenever my power cord is plugged in everything works great. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JHJ071389, Jul 10, 2020.

1. JHJ071389 Win User

Cant change my laptops brightness when not plugged in

Hi everyone,

Im currently having an issue with my screen brightness adjustment. Whenever my power cord is plugged in everything works great. I can adjust my screen brightness however i want, but when i unplug the power cord my screen auto dims and I cant change it no matter what I do. When I go to setting - Display and try moving the slider bar nothing happens. I can have it set to the lowest or the highest and nothing changes.

I've tried changing my power plan by going to power options - change plan settings - but there is no option to adjust screen brightness like it says on alot of forms ive looked at. Cant change my laptops brightness when not plugged in 97cfd95d-df4f-421d-bc6c-3dd0d3a8f730?upload=true.jpg

Ive also tried creating a new power plan for high performance, still no change.

Ive tried changing it in windows mobility center -no change

Ive tried updating my display adapters - they didnt need an update

ive tried updating my generic pnp monitor - didnt need an update

My windows is up to date

Im kinda at a loss on what to do and was hoping for some help

thanks

J

:)

JHJ071389, Jul 10, 2020

2. Laptop goes brighter when on battery, dim when plugged in

My dads laptop has been having this issue for a bit he says. He was having an error on boot that had an issue with the battery. And his battery couldnt hold a charge so i had him replace it. Thats all gone, but the dimming issue when plugged in is still there. I adjusted the brightness in ATI catalyst control panel but that just changed the white balance more than anything. I cant find a brightness setting in Win XP like I can in windows 7. Suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Jul 10, 2020
  3. slance310 Win User
    Change of brightness when power adapter is plugged in or out

Hi,

You should have separate Brightness settings for Battery and Plugged in (Power)...

I don't have access to my laptop at the moment to provide the precise steps to change the settings.... sorry...

slance310, Jul 10, 2020
  4. sonnif Win User

I cant adjust the brightness scale on my Asus A43SA ! Please Help.

Hello,

I got some issue, i cant adjust the scale brightness on my laptop. When i drag to move the scale to reduce the brightness untill 25%, it will suddenly black screen. Thats mean i cant see anything on screen. I just can adjust it untill 75% but it when plugged
    the power. But if use battery, i cant adjust any brightness scale. I need to adjust it untill 25% or less to reduce the battery used.

Please tell me if any suggestion or troubleshooting for this issue. I am waiting for further step information.

Thanks.

sonnif, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Cant change my laptops brightness when not plugged in - Similar Threads - Cant change laptops

2. Auto brightness STILL changing when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto brightness STILL changing when plugged in: Two months ago I raised https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-other_settings/auto-brightness-when-plugged-in/5c67b839-9541-4a55-a4e0-98f7c2e145d3?messageId=9c5d8782-3160-4e80-a416-a11f1d15b64d&page=1 which had me repeat everything I've already done....
  3. Auto brightness STILL changing when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto brightness STILL changing when plugged in: Two months ago I raised https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-other_settings/auto-brightness-when-plugged-in/5c67b839-9541-4a55-a4e0-98f7c2e145d3?messageId=9c5d8782-3160-4e80-a416-a11f1d15b64d&page=1 which had me repeat everything I've already done....
  4. Laptop screen brightness keeps changing randomly when not plugged in to power.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen brightness keeps changing randomly when not plugged in to power.: Dell Inspiron 3520 Windows 10 Screen brightness dims suddenly & briefly every few seconds, but only when on battery. No problem when plugged in to mains. Have just got a new battery as old one completely dead.Any suggestions how to resolve this welcome! Many thanks...
  5. Laptop screen brightness keeps changing randomly when not plugged in to power.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen brightness keeps changing randomly when not plugged in to power.: Dell Inspiron 3520 Windows 10 Screen brightness dims suddenly & briefly every few seconds, but only when on battery. No problem when plugged in to mains. Have just got a new battery as old one completely dead.Any suggestions how to resolve this welcome! Many thanks...
  6. Laptop screen brightness keeps changing randomly when not plugged in to power.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. cant change brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant change brightness: hi thank you for your help i got this problem I'm been trying to solve it for the last 4 monthsi trayed all possible solution form re install \ update driversenable disable PNPdo the registry thing solution i foundand re install win10 after formatting the laptop still unable...
  8. I CANT CHANGE MY BRIGHTNESS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I CANT CHANGE MY BRIGHTNESS: CANT CHANGE MY BRIGHTNESS OF LAPTOP. TRIED VIA CONTROL PANEL SETTINGS ALSO BUT THE BRIGHTNESS SETTING IS MISSING AND NOT ABLE TO DIM THE LIGHT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-brightness/efebc6f6-7bd6-4fd9-8535-d21ab1618548
  9. I cant change tye brightness of my laptop!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant change tye brightness of my laptop!: Help. My hp omen 15 2020 with an r7 4700u and 1660ti is not working. I cant change the brightness no matter any way I try adjusting. The buttons move thr slider up and down, but the brightness doesent change. Help! submitted by /u/MrGuccu [link] [comments]...
  10. cant change brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant change brightness: laptop: HP ProBook 430 G5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-brightness/c00d4afe-85c3-40bb-905c-dd88b8a41e79