Windows 10: Can't change my own Xbox Live account's privacy settings

Discus and support Can't change my own Xbox Live account's privacy settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! My name is Stas,and I've got some problem I want you to help me with. Not so long ago I bought Minecraft Bedrock edition (For Windows 10). I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by StasIKMEGA, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Can't change my own Xbox Live account's privacy settings

Hello!
    My name is Stas,and I've got some problem I want you to help me with.
    Not so long ago I bought Minecraft Bedrock edition (For Windows 10).

I played it for a while,then i decided my friend to play with me.I logged into my Xbox Live account in Minecraft and tried to

go to "friends" tab to add my friend.But instead of the button "Add Friend" I saw message "You can't add friends due to your Xbox Live account settings.Please visit aka.ms/accountsettings to change them." or something like that.After going there to change my privacy settings I saw this message: (Picture 1 shows it).

I am the only person in family who has Microsoft Account and Xbox Live account,so I am the only who can control my privacy settings,but I clearly can't.I contacted Microsoft Support team about it,but they said they couldn't help me with my problem.Please,answer this post if you had this problem before,and you know how to solve this problem.I would be very glad if this problem will be solved.Thank you!

Can't change my own Xbox Live account's privacy settings 3f4397cf-1135-4401-b2f4-1516297661cf?upload=true.png

:)

StasIKMEGA, Sep 29, 2019

2. Can't change my child accounts privacy settings on windows 10 for xbox live app

Hi,

To manage your Xbox family settings, please follow the steps from these articles:

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact our
    Xbox Support
    for account management.

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Sep 29, 2019
  3. cant open privacy settings

Hi Sean,

There are several possible explanations as to why you're encountering issues with accessing your Xbox account's privacy settings. Here's a list of the common factors:

• There's an ongoing Xbox Live server outage.
    • You're using a child account which needs a parent permission in order to change the privacy settings.
    • Access to Xbox Live is not yet available to your location.

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a child or a parent account?
    • Have you made any changes to your Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    • Have you tried using a different web browser to access your account's privacy settings?
    • Are you encountering the same issue when accessing your account's privacy settings on a different device like an Xbox console?

Catherine Cus., Sep 29, 2019
  4. Can't change my own Xbox Live account's privacy settings

Xbox clubs don't work

Hi,

Synchronization failure of the account's settings to the Xbox Live server is a possible factor why you're encountering this issue. For us to determine the root cause, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you referring to joining clubs on the Xbox app or Xbox One?
    • Is this the first time you're trying to join clubs?
    • Do you have an access to the parent account?
    • Have you made any changes to the device and the Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    If you have an Xbox One console, we suggest that you visit this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to change the privacy settings for clubs. The steps on that page will synchronize the changes you've made across all devices as long as you're using the same Microsoft account.

Refer to this
    link
    for more information regarding Xbox One online safety and privacy settings for parents and children.

Catherine Cus., Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't change my own Xbox Live account's privacy settings

1. Can't change my own Xbox Live account's privacy settings - Similar Threads - Can't change own

2. Xbox sign in and privacy settings not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox sign in and privacy settings not working: Sign in buttons for all Xbox apps companion, game bar and official app not working, when I click them nothing happens no pop ups or flash. Also can't update privacy settings on Xbox account even though I have adult account and am not within a family group. Been trying to...
  3. Can't log into Xbox Live account in Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Xbox Live account in Xbox app: Whenever I click to sign into Xbox Live, the sign in window flashes 3 times then disappear.It used to work then suddenly stopped so I followed guides on removing the app and now it's even worse. Before there was Xbox services showing in the 'Services' now no matter what i do,...
  4. Can't change Privacy & online safety settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change Privacy & online safety settings.: I tried this 6 months ago and I just tried again and it still doesn't work.I want to set ''Broadcast gameplay'', ''You can share content made using Kinect or another camera'' and ''Others can share your content to social networks'' on allow in the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online...
  5. Cant access my own privacy settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant access my own privacy settings: I cant access my own privacy settings and when I press to do so it just brings me back to the page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-my-own-privacy-settings/00f6acc3-0839-465f-a7d0-94bd9ec5ffc3
  6. Transfer Xbox Live Gamertag from my Mom's Microsoft account to my own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Xbox Live Gamertag from my Mom's Microsoft account to my own: Hi, I created my X-box live gamer tag when I was a teenager under my mom's Microsoft account however now that I'm an adult and living on my own I have my own Microsoft account I'd like to transfer it to so I don't need to bother her every time I need to do something to the...
  7. I can't Change my privacy setting!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't Change my privacy setting!: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 System Manufacturer Dell Inc. System Model XPS 13 9360 System Type x64-based PC I can switch camera and mic setting from "Off" to "On" but it doesn't stick. Have I been pwned? Demoted out of Admin status?...
  8. Xbox Online Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Online Privacy Settings: I have been trying to play minecraft on Windows 10 with realms, but it says to change your privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings. If I go to that, it automatically redirects to https://beta.support.xbox.com/. If I click on more actions > Xbox settings, it redirects right...
  9. Cant add friends to my xbox account because of 'privacy settings'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant add friends to my xbox account because of 'privacy settings': whenever I try to add a friend on xbox it doesn't allow me to add them and says 'Your privacy settings are blocking you from using this feature.' I cant find where to change these privacy settings anywhere and the Microsoft and Xbox pages are just going round in circles. I...
  10. XBOX Live Privacy Settings Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX Live Privacy Settings Problems: Hello, So, me and my friends are trying to set up a Minecraft Realms server so that we can all play online together without going through some other thing. The problem is that whenever we try to access Minecraft Realms, it gives us the same message: "You cannot play on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i change my xbox privacy

2. cant change xbox privacy settings

3. account.xbox.com/en-us/setting?activetab=main:privilegetab