Windows 10: Cant change my password - W10

Discus and support Cant change my password - W10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I start PC and after boot up I put in my login password ..... which is all fine, Windows starts up and full access. So 100% confident this password is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sargan, Nov 19, 2018.

1. sargan Win User

Cant change my password - W10

I start PC and after boot up I put in my login password ..... which is all fine, Windows starts up and full access.

So 100% confident this password is correct (been using for 3 months)

I want to change this password .... when I go to start > settings > accounts > sign-in options > Password and select change account password

It asks me for my password .. which it then rejects ..... tried multiple times, even rebooted PC .. and again it accepts my password but not not I try to change it.

So account active & working - just cant change password.

:)

sargan, Nov 19, 2018

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Nov 19, 2018
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Create your Microsoft Account Today

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Cant change my password - W10

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Cant change my password - W10

1. Cant change my password - W10 - Similar Threads - Cant change password

2. I cant change my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant change my password: I need to change my password for security. I have paid for 365 service. when I try to enter my old password on the password change screen it does not work. When I click 'forgot password' it says it has sent a request to my authenticator app. There is no request. The...
  3. I cant change my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant change my password: I need to change my password for security. I have paid for 365 service. when I try to enter my old password on the password change screen it does not work. When I click 'forgot password' it says it has sent a request to my authenticator app. There is no request. The...
  4. Cant change my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change my password: So recently i changed from windows 11 to windows 10 because it was hard to navigate and wasnt working well. But now when im using windows 10 it seems there is some settings missing. For example what i wanted to do was set a password with just 4 numbers. I was searching up...
  5. Cant change my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change my password: So recently i changed from windows 11 to windows 10 because it was hard to navigate and wasnt working well. But now when im using windows 10 it seems there is some settings missing. For example what i wanted to do was set a password with just 4 numbers. I was searching up...
  6. Cant change my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Cant change email password

Cant change email password: I'm trying to change my email password but since I dont remember the alternative email that I provided when creating it 12 years ago, I had to add security by providing another email address, however I have to wait 30 days to do so? Why? My email address is in jeopardy of...
  8. Cant change user password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change user password: I have a Asus Gaming laptop.I remember changing the password when i went to visit family so no one could use it. When i came back i had forgotten the password. I attempted and entered the wrong password many times it started to lock itself.I read online and managed to log...
  9. Cant change my mail app password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant change my mail app password: Hi, I added an account to the mail app but i accidentally used the wrong password. I have tried everything to recover it and change it. I have reset the app, I have deleted the app and started again but the account remained, and I can not find the password in the web...
  10. Changing W10 password

Changing W10 password: I am unsure whether my account is classed as Microsoft or Local How do I tell ? Under PC > my info it does give option to manage my account - so does that mean it is a Microsoft on-line account >? Now the main point - I'm confused over passwords. I can log into PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change password in w10