Windows 10: Cant change my password - W10

Discus and support Cant change my password - W10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I start PC and after boot up I put in my login password ..... which is all fine, Windows starts up and full access. So 100% confident this password is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sargan, Nov 19, 2018.

1. sargan Win User

Cant change my password - W10

I start PC and after boot up I put in my login password ..... which is all fine, Windows starts up and full access.

So 100% confident this password is correct (been using for 3 months)

I want to change this password .... when I go to start > settings > accounts > sign-in options > Password and select change account password

It asks me for my password .. which it then rejects ..... tried multiple times, even rebooted PC .. and again it accepts my password but not not I try to change it.

So account active & working - just cant change password.

:)

sargan, Nov 19, 2018

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Nov 19, 2018
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Create your Microsoft Account Today

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Cant change my password - W10

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Cant change my password - W10

1. Cant change my password - W10 - Similar Threads - Cant change password

2. i cant login to my pc. i have not changed my password but it no longer works.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i cant login to my pc. i have not changed my password but it no longer works.: i cant login to my pc. i have not changed my password but it no longer works. it's windows 10 initial screen password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-to-my-pc-i-have-not-changed-my/8b29e35b-bbc7-41a0-9528-3d57e8eb14b8"
  3. Cant change my font on publisher

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant change my font on publisher: Help! Im working on a Chinese flyer, i cant seem to change my font on publisher. i try downloading different font packs from “google font” and "dafont.com". while they do work if i type in English but if i type it in Chinese it wont recognise the font and it goes back to...
  4. Changing W10 password

Changing W10 password: I am unsure whether my account is classed as Microsoft or Local How do I tell ? Under PC > my info it does give option to manage my account - so does that mean it is a Microsoft on-line account >? Now the main point - I'm confused over passwords. I can log into PC...
  5. my money change password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my money change password: how do I change my password in my money. can not find file-manager. need to open file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-money-change-password/6ce842f3-2ffb-4473-869d-408e632615f5"
  6. Changing my Admin's Password

Changing my Admin's Password: I recently changed my admin password on my Windows 10 computer. I am in charge of all accounts but don't use the admin account, instead I use the other account on this device. When trying to log in to the admin account I found that I was met with the issue of not...
  7. Protect W10 Computer from password being changed

Protect W10 Computer from password being changed: I’m afraid I already know the answer but I’ll ask anyway. We have an older relative that we watch over because she lives alone and is not able to successfully manage her life on her own. She lives 120 miles away and A computer is an important tool to help us manage things...
  8. How do I change W10 password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change W10 password: If I start up my PC or bring it back to life after using 'sleep' it course asks for my password, and it works fine. However ... how do I change this. I tried following online instructions Start > settings > accounts > sign-in options then click on Password > change...
  9. Cant change windows Logon password

Cant change windows Logon password: Good Day ladies and gentlemen I have been Happy with windows 10 But I would Like to change my window Logon password through the user account it wont let me Any Advice Thank you 56738
  10. W10 upgrade changed my usual login password to that of my e-mail...

W10 upgrade changed my usual login password to that of my e-mail...: Hi *Smile This is my first post, so I'm very sorry if I'm posting this thread in the wrong section. Basically, when I got the Windows 10 upgrade and synced my mail (@live.com), it automatically changed my usual login (for when laptop is sleep and then wakes up) from the...