Windows 10: cant change my security details, does not accept my phone number

Discus and support cant change my security details, does not accept my phone number in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After receiving an email from microsoft, I signed in to my account to change my security details, but I did not get a phone call with a verification... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TinaBate, Aug 28, 2020.

1. TinaBate Win User

cant change my security details, does not accept my phone number

After receiving an email from microsoft, I signed in to my account to change my security details, but I did not get a phone call with a verification code.

What do i do next?

:)

TinaBate, Aug 28, 2020

2. How to change phone number associated with a microsoft account

Hi,

Phone number is one of your security info, which is only used to verify your identity if you're accessing sensitive personal information or if we detect a problem with your account.
    To change the phone number associated with your Microsoft account, we recommend to follow the steps below:

• First, go to the
      Security basics
      page and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Select Update info.
    • Select Add security info. then follow the instructions to enter your email or phone number.
    • We'll send a security code to that new email or phone number. Enter that security code, and press
      Next. Your new security info will appear in you list.

Check this
    link
    for Security info & security codes.

Let us know if you need more help.

Marvelos Reg, Aug 28, 2020
  3. twilyth Win User
    Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Joe Men Win User

Phone number synced to computer

We're here to help!

Do the following steps:

• Click on the Security & privacy tab.
    • Under the Security info helps keep your account secure options, you will see your phone number.
    • Remove your old phone number and add the new one.
    Important: Changes to the security information will take about 30 days to apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Joe Men, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

1. cant change my security details, does not accept my phone number - Similar Threads - cant change security

2. My phone number is changed. How can I change the phone number that is saved in my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My phone number is changed. How can I change the phone number that is saved in my account?: My phone number is changed. How can I change the phone number that is saved in my account? My old phone number is deactivatetd now. I want to change it but in order to change it sends a sms to my old phone number which I dont have any access now. Can you help? Thank you....
  3. My phone number is changed. How can I change the phone number that is saved in my account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My phone number is changed. How can I change the phone number that is saved in my account?: My phone number is changed. How can I change the phone number that is saved in my account? My old phone number is deactivatetd now. I want to change it but in order to change it sends a sms to my old phone number which I dont have any access now. Can you help? Thank you....
  4. My phone number is changed. How can I change the phone number that is saved in my account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I can't change my 2 factor authentication details . How do I change my phone number on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my 2 factor authentication details . How do I change my phone number on my...: Earlier today, something caused my name on my account to change. thinking I may have been hacked, I went to change the password only I can't. I need to log into the authenticator app, but the only way to log into the app is by authenticating it on the app which I can't do. My...
  6. W10 home setup won't accept my phone number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 home setup won't accept my phone number: I have just bought an ASUS TUF Dash F15 and it wants me to set up W10 home. However it wants my phone number but then states that it does not look right and asks me to re-enter the number or change the country code. I have tried with all my phone numbers and country codes...
  7. Change my phone number and region

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change my phone number and region: I tried to change my phone number and region but it keeps asking me to submit a code sent to my previous one. Since that didn't work I decided to replace my phone number with my other email and it tells me to wait 30 days. All i wanted to do was change my phone number and my...
  8. NordVPN not accepting my login details

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NordVPN not accepting my login details: Hi. Nord has worked well for me up til now but I can't get it on my Android mobile any longer - 'invalid credentials', it says, despite me inputting correct email and password. Next was my Firestick - instead of auto-logging on, it asked me to logon and, as I feared, rejected...
  9. change my phone number

in Windows 10 Customization
    change my phone number: change phone number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-phone-number/9396ce1c-1b05-4444-8be9-5377ccc1a22e
  10. Were to change my phone number

in Windows 10 Customization
    Were to change my phone number: Were do I change my phone number so Microsoft can text me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/were-to-change-my-phone-number/de7fc9d6-2364-4182-aa5e-9661dbe2b2c4