Windows 10: Can't change my start menu

Discus and support Can't change my start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi ever since I had first installed Win10 my start menu has looked like this, [img] I thought nothing of it but my dad's start menu has tiles and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by steppza, Sep 12, 2015.

1. steppza Win User

Can't change my start menu

Hi ever since I had first installed Win10 my start menu has looked like this,
    Can't change my start menu [​IMG]

I thought nothing of it but my dad's start menu has tiles and things on it and I like it a lot more. But I have NO IDEA how to change it to that. Sometimes when I start windows the start menu will have the tiles look, but then it will change back to this one. I know there is something wrong because when the tiled start menu shows, my windows account photo is visible, and then when it changes back it has the little gray one that is in the screenshot, and I can't change it.
    Any and all help is appreciated, thank you!

EDIT: Turns out it was Iobit bloatware called "Start Menu 8". If you have this problem also, just uninstall from control panel.

:)

steppza, Sep 12, 2015
  2. M RKHAN Win User

start menu is not working can't go my allapps.

start menu is not working can't go my allapps.

Changing the title

Old title – Outlook.com contacts

New title – start menu is not working and can't go my all apps.

M RKHAN, Sep 12, 2015
  3. I can't acces my desktop

Hi,

I hope someone can help me, First of all my start menu is kind of stuck, i can't change the settings on it, the only see i can manage are apps, but most important, I can't reach my desktop at all, it doesn't matter how many setting i change on the start
    menu, I can't get to my desktop.

Help Please!

StephanieRodriguez0909, Sep 12, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Are you sure that you are not running a third party menu utility.

bro67, Sep 12, 2015
  5. steppza Win User
    Absolutely positive. I wasn't even aware you could get those lol.

steppza, Sep 12, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    Maybe something on this page???
    8 Ways to Customize the Windows 10 Start Menu

This part toward the bottom looks interesting:

Berton, Sep 12, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    That's definitely a 3rd party menu in your screen shot, check Programs and Features.

Edwin, Sep 12, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

Look like you have classic shell installed. see screen shot:
    Windows 7 style

topgundcp, Sep 12, 2015
  9. Berton Win User
    I have seen a couple of computers that had the Upgrade done over Win8.1 and a third-party change carried over into Win10.

Berton, Sep 12, 2015
  10. steppza Win User
    Okay so it turns out that the cause was some bloatware from Iobit, "Start Menu 8".
    Thank you very much everyone!
    I'll edit this to my post in case anyone else has the same problem.

steppza, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't change my start menu - Similar Threads - Can't change start

2. I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu

in Cortana
    I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu: I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu.to give you an example, I have Visual Studio installed and pinned to Start, but if i click start and type "Visual" i get a folder as result, and not actually the shortcut to that app...
  3. I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu: I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu.to give you an example, I have Visual Studio installed and pinned to Start, but if i click start and type "Visual" i get a folder as result, and not actually the shortcut to that app...
  4. I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start menu icons changed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu icons changed.: I recently had a pc reset after that the system apps icon has changed as shown in the attached image image 1 , It looks black and white before it was colorfulImage 2, how do I restore them?? But I don't have any issues regarding using these apps....
  6. Start Menu Changed

Start Menu Changed: How do I get out of this windows 10 start menu? It's on the left of the screen and the desktop image is muted. I have the windows 7 classic shell but it doesn't work like before I updated windows. [ATTACH]...
  7. Can't use my start menu.

Can't use my start menu.: Hello there, my start menu is opening and that's all about it. Nothing can be clicked, used, etc. Used this command: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} But Powershell says "Access...
  8. HOW TO CHANGE START MENU?

HOW TO CHANGE START MENU?: [ATTACH] My start menu looks like its stuck in 2001, however when I click on Start Menu Windows at the top it switches to a normal WIN10 Start menu. If i exit it defaults to the older looking menu. How do i get it to stay looking like the modern WIN10 start? THANK YOU...
  9. Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed: Greetings, After I installed the latest update (1903) my (full screen) start menu colour defaulted to black and can't be changed anymore. I’m able to change the colour under "personalize" and the colour changes everywhere - except my start menu. If I change the start menu...
  10. Can't Change Start Menu Language

Can't Change Start Menu Language: I changed the language. But still can't change some parts of the start menu. [ATTACH] As you can see, I wrote "language" to the search bar and the result is in "Turkish" (previous language). And also I can't open anything by click on them. So I want them "English" too....