Windows 10: Can't change my Windows 10 display language from Japanese back to English

Discus and support Can't change my Windows 10 display language from Japanese back to English in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently tried to add Japan as another keyboard, and forgotten what i did, next all the Windows 10 language became Japanese. I tried to revert back by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OscarVun, Jun 7, 2019.

1. OscarVun Win User

Can't change my Windows 10 display language from Japanese back to English

Recently tried to add Japan as another keyboard, and forgotten what i did, next all the Windows 10 language became Japanese. I tried to revert back by choosing English, but nothing happens when i click it. Plus, from the language menu under settings doesn't show my other additional languages under the "add new language" option. I have tried to install new language by clicking inside the option but nothing happens when i click install. I also did windows system recovery to the time before i did the change but it still stay Japan as display language. Any help?

Here are some screenshots of my language setting menus:

note that under the " + Add new language" option doesn't show my other additional language like everyone else

Can't change my Windows 10 display language from Japanese back to English bfdee189-cb26-4fdc-94a9-f2e46b78eec4?upload=true.png

Can't change my Windows 10 display language from Japanese back to English 9d4115e3-6a3d-4fc8-b521-b0a012f95058?upload=true.png

:)

OscarVun, Jun 7, 2019

2. change language display on windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Japanese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Japanese language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Eddy00 Win User
    Want English language system with Japanese IME keyboard

In previous versions of Windows (English), the display language was English and I could have the default input language in Japanese (IME). It seems in Windows 10 that if I want Japanese IME to be the default input language I have to have the display language
    also in Japanese.

I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't have done such a ridiculous change such as that because it would have been stupid, right?

Please let me know how I can make Japanese (IME) the default input language with the correct keyboard but keep English as the system display language.

Thanks!

Eddy00, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Can't change my Windows 10 display language from Japanese back to English

display language is in Japanese

Hello

I mistakenly changed my display language from English to Japanese.

I was trying to change the keyboard to be able to switch over to Japanese.

I made a mistake.

I'm a very beginner with Japanese. I cannot read Japanese.

How to I change back to English when everything is written in Japanese?

Thanks for you help.

Chris

ChristopherOlmsted, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Can't change my Windows 10 display language from Japanese back to English

1. Can't change my Windows 10 display language from Japanese back to English - Similar Threads - Can't change display

2. Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English: I just purchased a Raytrek Windows 10 tablet from Japan. I anticipated that the default language would be Japanese, but I also assumed that once I began setup, I could change the language to English. This is the first window I encounter in setup. I assume it's for languages,...
  3. Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English: I just purchased a Raytrek Windows 10 tablet from Japan. I anticipated that the default language would be Japanese, but I also assumed that once I began setup, I could change the language to English. This is the first window I encounter in setup. I assume it's for languages,...
  4. I can't change the Windows display language to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the Windows display language to English: Last year I bought a laptop in China and I cannot change the system language to English because the Windows display language has only one option which is Chinese. I can add other input languages but the system language cannot be changed. Thus, all My computer, Control Panel,...
  5. I can't change the Windows display language to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change the Windows display language to English: Last year I bought a laptop in China and I cannot change the system language to English because the Windows display language has only one option which is Chinese. I can add other input languages but the system language cannot be changed. Thus, all My computer, Control Panel,...
  6. Language in some apps in Japanese despite me changing language settings back to English.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language in some apps in Japanese despite me changing language settings back to English.: Hello! A few months ago, I changed my language settings for non unicode programs to Japanese so I could use a program without it being in broken text. Now, after not needing that app anymore, I uninstalled it and changed my language settings back to EnglishCanada. Still, some...
  7. How to change Windows 10 display language from Chinese to English?

How to change Windows 10 display language from Chinese to English?: HW: Lenovo thinkpad T470 SW: x64 Win 10 1903 I had been used English as the display language for years. But it change to Chinese since the system updated itself to 1903 several days ago. I tried changing it back to English but it says "Only one display language is...
  8. Can't change the display language from Chinese to English

Can't change the display language from Chinese to English: Hi savvy tech guys and girls, I just bought a brand new HP OMEN 17 in China and no surprise everything is in Chinese. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to change the display language to English. What I have done: 1. I have downloaded an English language pack. 2. I...
  9. i cannot change the cortana language from English (US) to Japanese

in Cortana
    i cannot change the cortana language from English (US) to Japanese: I downloaded the language pack and speech for japanese language. i changed the region and speech settings to japanese, but it still automatically change back to english (US), i removed the english pack but then i cannot use cortana. what should i do?...
  10. language: japanese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    language: japanese to english: I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese I want everything back in English I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese.. [img]...