Windows 10: Can't change myself to administrator

Discus and support Can't change myself to administrator in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; About a month ago, i was doing fine with saving photos and everything, but suddenly when i tried to save a photo from the web, the computer say that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OscarCCY, Jun 27, 2020.

1. OscarCCY Win User

Can't change myself to administrator

About a month ago, i was doing fine with saving photos and everything, but suddenly when i tried to save a photo from the web, the computer say that i have to contact with the admin, i tried to use the active admin :yes cmd but it says access denied

:)

OscarCCY, Jun 27, 2020

2. Can't make changes as myself, or Administrator

Hi Christine,

Additional information will help us to identify the cause of this issue. Kindly answer the following questions:

• How many computers are involved to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message that you have encountered?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • The 4 user accounts on your PC, did you set all of it as an administrator?

In the meantime, we suggest that you enable the hidden administrator account in Windows 10 by following these steps using one of your user account:

• Click on Start.
    • Type cmd, and right-click on it.
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command line, and then press Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice.

Note: There's no password for the hidden administrator account.

After enabling the hidden administrator account, change the account type of your user accounts to gain administrative privileges:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Family & other people.
    • Under Other people, select one of the user account, and then select
      Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator
      from the drop down menu.
    • Click on OK to complete.

After performing the steps above, we will need to disable the hidden administrator because we are using hidden administrator just for troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type cmd, and right-click on it.
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command line, and then press Enter:

net user administrator /active:no
    • The administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen anymore.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Can't make changes as myself, or Administrator

Two weeks ago reset my Dell inspiron back to factory settings. It seemed to work fine, except the damn Microsoft background picture on start I cant get rid of. Today, the dell logo just stared at me while it wouldn't start up. I tried to troubleshoot on
    dell, but got error code for administrator. I am the administrator, or I was. Now there is another blue desktop with an administrator, I am also an admin and now I have to sign in? What the hell happened overnight? I can't manage any accounts under myself,
    or the administrator the buttons are ghosts. There are four accounts listed which are all myself, but I can't change anything. I hope I don't have to reinstall windows 10. I tried to set a restore point, but couldn't do that either even after disable McAfee.
    Please help. It is only 2 years old and I just recently started actually using it and everyday it seems like there is a problem. Where did this administrator come from?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

ChristineMariscal, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Can't change myself to administrator

Removing Myself as Administrator

How do I remove myself as administrator. I opened my Microsoft Office 365 account on my parents computer and now it shows me as the administrator and now my parent can't get to their e-mail. I have gone to Control Panel and to Users and it will not let
    me Delete myself and it won't let me change my account from Administrator to Standard. How do I fix this?

DelainaPesnell, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Can't change myself to administrator

1. Can't change myself to administrator - Similar Threads - Can't change myself

2. I can't set myself back to administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set myself back to administrator: I was trying to get a program to work and accidently changed my account from administrator to normal user, and now I can't change it back to the administrator and it keeps saying I need to contact the administrator to fix it, but I am the only user of the computer. What can I...
  3. I can't set myself back to administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't set myself back to administrator: I was trying to get a program to work and accidently changed my account from administrator to normal user, and now I can't change it back to the administrator and it keeps saying I need to contact the administrator to fix it, but I am the only user of the computer. What can I...
  4. How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?: How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer? This is a brand new laptop and when I logged in, it logged me in as 2 years old, and I in fact am not 2 years old.I need to use this computer for school and I can not even access websites because it thinks i'm 2...
  5. How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?

How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?: How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer? This is a brand new laptop and when I logged in, it logged me in as 2 years old, and I in fact am not 2 years old.I need to use this computer for school and I can not even access websites because it thinks i'm 2...
  6. How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. I want to make myself administrator but i can't ..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to make myself administrator but i can't ..: Hello Sir/MamI was having 2 accounts on my dell inspiron . I had administrator on both accounts after some time i deleted the main i account which was the first account i logged in as after that i log out from that and i was using another one for some speed at startup i...
  8. I want to make myself administrator but i can't ..

I want to make myself administrator but i can't ..: Hello Sir/MamI was having 2 accounts on my dell inspiron . I had administrator on both accounts after some time i deleted the main i account which was the first account i logged in as after that i log out from that and i was using another one for some speed at startup i...
  9. I want to make myself administrator but i can't ..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Setting Myself as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting Myself as Administrator: Somewhere along the line, I got taken off as administrator on my personal computer. How do I make myself administrator again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-myself-as-administrator/4f4e259f-bd2a-4c59-87ed-59a417ff98fa