Windows 10: Can't Change Names of Folders in Main Library of Windows 10

Discus and support Can't Change Names of Folders in Main Library of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The following photo is of what I want to change:[ATTACH] I want to change these names, especially "Music" to Audio Files, since I don't store music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Falcon57, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Falcon57 Win User

Can't Change Names of Folders in Main Library of Windows 10

The following photo is of what I want to change: Can't Change Names of Folders in Main Library of Windows 10 8a9f3bd9-9d3c-43f9-b660-dbe905371bef?upload=true.jpg

I want to change these names, especially "Music" to Audio Files, since I don't store music mp3s on my computer. The latest update to Windows 10 has wiped out my previous ability to do this simple task. It eliminated the "Rename" feature in the "Properties" tab. When will Microsoft recognize that users would love the ability to customize their folders.

How can I fix this problem?

:)

Falcon57, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

Two odd things are happen to my files:

1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name
    2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library)

Here's what is happening in explorer:

I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder path= c:\users\jose\photos old\

So I know the folder exists, but it does not appear in explorer within c:\users\jose\

Then, I change the file name in explorer to IMG_3654XXX.JPG and the folder name changes to c:\users\jose\pictures\holiday (this folder can be seen).

Is this something to do with libraries? Under libraries, the name photos old is NOT listed.

paulmarcus, Jun 14, 2019
  4. psbecker Win User

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't Change Names of Folders in Main Library of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't Change Names

2. Can't change my user folder name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change my user folder name in Windows 10: Hello,I'm wondering whether It's possibly and how to change the user folder within the Windows 10 file structure. Right now it's named differently than the original name I picked when I created the user. I'm trying to change it back.Additionally, I'm seeing a lot of odd...
  3. Can't change my user folder name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change my user folder name in Windows 10: Hello,I'm wondering whether It's possibly and how to change the user folder within the Windows 10 file structure. Right now it's named differently than the original name I picked when I created the user. I'm trying to change it back.Additionally, I'm seeing a lot of odd...
  4. Can't change my user folder name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change Library folder template on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Library folder template on Windows 10: If you want to change the view or template of Library folders on Windows 10, then this guide will be handy for you. There is more than one method to use to get a different look for your Library folders. Library folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc.) come as...
  6. How to change the name of main user's folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the name of main user's folder: Dear colleges, could you please help me to rename the user's folder? I tried several methods, but didn't help. I use computer language R, but it can not read my working directory, only because as it shown that my folder's name is in kirill alphabet instead of english....
  7. can't change the name of a folder any folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't change the name of a folder any folder: hey, I have a problem, I can't change the name of a new foler even if i just created it, im getting an error message of this kind: "we couldn't find the specific file" im getting it in hebrew so the translation may not be accurate what can I do? windows 10, 100 +GB...
  8. How To Change name of the main user folder in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Change name of the main user folder in Windows 10?: I need to change the name of the main user folder in windows 10. I did googled it but all the solution seem to be have high chance so crashing or destroying the PC. I wonder if there is an easy way to do it?...
  9. Is it possible to remove "Libraries" main folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to remove "Libraries" main folder: I never use the Windows libraries because they don't fit my scheme of data storage. Is it possible to delete/remove the "Libraries" folder in itself? I know that individual folders like "Documents" "Pictures" etc. can be deleted, but in my experience Microsoft has a habit...
  10. Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name: I create a new folder. It's highlighted in blue. I start renaming and only the first character is accepted. Then I right-click and choose rename and the highlighted character(s) are selected but when I attempt to enter a new name, again only one or two characters are...