Windows 10: Can't change Narrator settings

Discus and support Can't change Narrator settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to change the voice and other settings for the Narrator program in Windows 10 Ease of Use. My settings are grayed out even after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mertz, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Mertz Win User

Can't change Narrator settings

Hello,

I'm trying to change the voice and other settings for the Narrator program in Windows 10 Ease of Use. My settings are grayed out even after I turn it on (which is supposed to make the settings available). I go out of the Ease of Use settings and back in to find the Narrator turned off again. Any ideas to fix this?

I'm using Windows 10 1511 version.

thanks!

Can't change Narrator settings [​IMG]

:)

Mertz, Aug 28, 2016
  2. TimLoveOX Win User

Nokia rm1078

I can't turn narrator off on my nokia rm1078? Because I can't get to the settings or scroll up or down to the narrator setting.

TimLoveOX, Aug 28, 2016
  3. DonTolson Win User
    How to stop Cortana from telling me who's calling.

Hmmmm.. I'm not sure this is a Cortana setting (since I can't see it under Cortana), or whether the Narrator is turned on and using the same voice as Cortana.

Take a look under Settings/Ease of access and see if the Narrator is turned on.

DonTolson, Aug 28, 2016
Thema:

Can't change Narrator settings

1. Can't change Narrator settings - Similar Threads - Can't change Narrator

2. Outline in Narration Box | Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outline in Narration Box | Windows Settings: Hi! This is a question about my Windows 10 Enterprise Distribution that I'm using and currently, actively modifying. Could anyone please provide on insight on what this is and what triggers it to happen? Whenever I go into Windows Update on my normal PC, my cursor...
  3. NARRATOR !!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    NARRATOR !!!!!!!!!!: Is anybody able to tell me how I can stop the pesky narrator app for as long as I don't intentionally restart it or any related app (i.e. probably "text to speech", before I toss my innocent, brand new laptop out of the next available window, open or shut ! Many thank,...
  4. Can't change Sleep Mode settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't change Sleep Mode settings: I have windows 10 on my desktop. In Power and sleep settings no matter what i do, it keeps resetting every evening back to sleep after 1min. I have changed reg settings and made custom power settings, but nothing works for more than a day or two. Getting very tiresome!...
  5. Narrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Narrator: I was just about to shoot my brand-new laptop because of this nerve-killing app, but thought better the last second. Better to shoot the developer when I can get hands on him. Until then: Narrator reads and tells you every nonsense. But can this app made read any text I...
  6. Game can't save and change setting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game can't save and change setting.: After update to window 10 version 1803, my game - Grim Dawn, Dynasty Warrior 8 - can't save, change setting and it's nothing. But LoL play well. all online game play well. store game play well. WHY???...
  7. Narrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Narrator: I'm surprised that searching for "narrator" returns no matches at all in this forum. So I guess I'm the first Windows 10 Home user to have the narrator come on when I don't want it. I eventually figured out how to turn it off that one time. It isn't easy to do. I'd like to...
  8. Narrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrator: It's hard for me to explain how much I dislike Narrator that comes with Windows 10 and how much I am ticked of at MS for not giving us a way to remove it. They are forcing it on us. I've done everything including deleting the file but it comes right back. I can click on it...
  9. Narrator feature/

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrator feature/: I've turned on the Narrator feature in Ease of Access. I've made my pitch, volume, etc. settings. I've brought up an article on my desktop from a magazine using Google Chrome. The narrator only reads the title. How do I get it to read the whole article or isn't that possible?...
  10. Narrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrator: All of a sudden, the "Narrator", auto-starts on boot-up while "Narrator" is turned off in 'Ease of Access'. I can exit Narrator but cannot find out why it is auto-starting? 31132