Windows 10: Can't change Narrator settings

Discus and support Can't change Narrator settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to change the voice and other settings for the Narrator program in Windows 10 Ease of Use. My settings are grayed out even after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mertz, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Mertz Win User

Can't change Narrator settings

Hello,

I'm trying to change the voice and other settings for the Narrator program in Windows 10 Ease of Use. My settings are grayed out even after I turn it on (which is supposed to make the settings available). I go out of the Ease of Use settings and back in to find the Narrator turned off again. Any ideas to fix this?

I'm using Windows 10 1511 version.

thanks!

Can't change Narrator settings [​IMG]

:)

Mertz, Aug 28, 2016
  2. TimLoveOX Win User

Nokia rm1078

I can't turn narrator off on my nokia rm1078? Because I can't get to the settings or scroll up or down to the narrator setting.

TimLoveOX, Aug 28, 2016
  3. DonTolson Win User
    How to stop Cortana from telling me who's calling.

Hmmmm.. I'm not sure this is a Cortana setting (since I can't see it under Cortana), or whether the Narrator is turned on and using the same voice as Cortana.

Take a look under Settings/Ease of access and see if the Narrator is turned on.

DonTolson, Aug 28, 2016
Thema:

Can't change Narrator settings

1. Can't change Narrator settings - Similar Threads - Can't change Narrator

2. Narrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Narrator: How do I get an audio manual for using narrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/narrator/76edb956-9640-40bb-90f8-384e5b509516
  3. Narrator - Set voice for unsupported language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Narrator - Set voice for unsupported language: I'm trying to set up Narrator for a visually impaired user who is fluent in English, German, and Sicilian. Unfortunately, Narrator does not support Sicilian. The user told me that the next best option would be Catalan, which Narrator does support.What I'm trying to do is have...
  4. Narrator - Set voice for unsupported language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Narrator - Set voice for unsupported language: I'm trying to set up Narrator for a visually impaired user who is fluent in English, German, and Sicilian. Unfortunately, Narrator does not support Sicilian. The user told me that the next best option would be Catalan, which Narrator does support.What I'm trying to do is have...
  5. Change Pronunciations in Narrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Pronunciations in Narrator: Is there a way for customers like me who use screenreaders like Narrator to change the pronunciation of specific words and phrases? The reason why I ask is because whenever I write my family name, "Baradine", it seems to pronounce it as "Bar ah dine", when it's supposed to be...
  6. Change Pronunciations in Narrator

Change Pronunciations in Narrator: Is there a way for customers like me who use screenreaders like Narrator to change the pronunciation of specific words and phrases? The reason why I ask is because whenever I write my family name, "Baradine", it seems to pronounce it as "Bar ah dine", when it's supposed to be...
  7. Changing narrator settings doesn't change them across other 3rd party apps that uses it

Changing narrator settings doesn't change them across other 3rd party apps that uses it: When using narrator on desktop the voice speed if fine, and I can change it as I see fit. But when I'm for example playing Minecraft the narrator goes haywire and speaks at maximum speed. I can't seem to find any solutions to this. I have tried both changing the narrator...
  8. Outline in Narration Box | Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outline in Narration Box | Windows Settings: Hi! This is a question about my Windows 10 Enterprise Distribution that I'm using and currently, actively modifying. Could anyone please provide on insight on what this is and what triggers it to happen? Whenever I go into Windows Update on my normal PC, my cursor...
  9. NARRATOR !!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    NARRATOR !!!!!!!!!!: Is anybody able to tell me how I can stop the pesky narrator app for as long as I don't intentionally restart it or any related app (i.e. probably "text to speech", before I toss my innocent, brand new laptop out of the next available window, open or shut ! Many thank,...
  10. Narrator

Narrator: I'm surprised that searching for "narrator" returns no matches at all in this forum. So I guess I'm the first Windows 10 Home user to have the narrator come on when I don't want it. I eventually figured out how to turn it off that one time. It isn't easy to do. I'd like to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why wont the narrator voice change on windows 10