Windows 10: Can't change Network ID

Discus and support Can't change Network ID in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, Whenever I change my computer to home computer and reboot, it reverts back to it being a part of a business network. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by djdelarosa25, May 12, 2017.

1. Can't change Network ID

Hi there,

Whenever I change my computer to home computer and reboot, it reverts back to it being a part of a business network. How do I fix this?

:)

djdelarosa25, May 12, 2017
  2. norwoodj Win User

Network ID - I can change from Business Network to Home Computer

Network ID - I can change from Business Network to Home Computer

When I make the change under Network ID my computer says reboot to make the change then it starts up as a Business Network computer every time. Its a new Windows 10 install and it's never been on a Business network. It seems to be stopping Outlook from
    indexing and other data access issues etc.

Please help...

norwoodj, May 12, 2017
  3. Network ID - I can change from Business Network to Home Computer

Hi,

If changing the Network ID is not retained after restarting your PC, it might be caused by software incompatibility running in your computer system. Issues with Outlook indexing might occur due to an incorrect or incomplete Indexing Options. For us to provide
    the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Can you send us a screenshot wherein the computer stated that it's currently a business network computer?
    • Which version of Outlook are you using?
    • What results are you getting when searching on Outlook? Is it no search results or partial results?
    • Can you provide more details regarding data access issues?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you rebuild your search catalog to fix Outlook indexing issues. If you're using Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, or Outlook 2007, check this article on how to
    fix search issues by rebuilding your Instant Search catalog.
    Follow the steps under this section: Rebuild your search catalog.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, May 12, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Can't change Network ID

I think this is just default selection if you want to change from workgroup to domain.

How do you know your computer is part of domain? And what domain it joins to?

AndreTen, May 12, 2017
  5. I'm not a part of a domain.
    I just want to change it to a home computer since it gives me a warning in Windows Update.

djdelarosa25, May 13, 2017
  6. AndreTen Win User
    You'll find numerous threads with that question. Thought that bug was fixed long ago.

Here is one thread on this forum. If you searc, you'll find more

some-settings-managed-your-organisation

this is quote from that thread by Dalchina

AndreTen, May 13, 2017
  7. Tried it, the message still remains.

8. AndreTen Win User

Can't change Network ID

Using any extra privacy apps? Such as for preventing Windows telemetry?

AndreTen, May 13, 2017
  9. None, as far as I can tell. I don't remember even installing one, as I didn't give a damn about Windows collecting my data.

10. I do recall editing something in the Group Policy Editor that disabled the automatic download of updates since my internet back then was pretty crap and my game would start to lag pretty bad when something was downloading. When I did that, that was when that message popped up. Now that I upgraded my internet connection, and I don't experience that problem anymore, I reset the setting back to it's default, but the message is still there. I even tried resetting ALL Group Policy settings, but it's still there.

Can't change Network ID [​IMG]

11. AndreTen Win User
    May be just visual glitch. That message was left behind...

Sorry, most of threads are without solution. Most of such problems are with Educational version, but some also with Pro.

If I get any idea, will get back tomorrow. Otherwise you can do in-place upgrade (getting ISO from MS, mount it and perform upgrade). Making system image backup before it is good idea, but it should leave programs and data intact.

Only if it's really annoying

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't change Network ID

1. Can't change Network ID - Similar Threads - Can't change Network

2. computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...: computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-not-visable-in-file-manager-network/8b0dfb8b-398d-4075-b552-cab1479b2e57
  3. network id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network id: How can I get the Network ID to change from Business to Personal.Every time I try to change it nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-id/9ecc3631-6090-4715-a27b-5ee2d24ad950
  4. network id

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network id: How can I get the Network ID to change from Business to Personal.Every time I try to change it nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-id/9ecc3631-6090-4715-a27b-5ee2d24ad950
  5. Can't change Network ID to Home from Business

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change Network ID to Home from Business: My computer is not and never has been part of any business. It is a home computer. Every time I attempt to change the setting to home it reverts back to business. I went into group policy editor and changed so users can change that setting and it Didn't help either. The issue...
  6. Unable to change Network ID from business to home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change Network ID from business to home: I am trying to change my Network ID from a business network to home but after restarting my computer it keeps coming up as business. Windows 10 Pro Ver. 20H2...
  7. Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network: So recently, I decided that I would finally activate my windows 10, and bought a key. So when I went to the activation settings, this text pops up: We cant activate windows on your device because you not connected to your organizations network. But I'm not part of an...
  8. How to change Network ID settings and make them stick

How to change Network ID settings and make them stick: Please can anyone help with changing the settings of my Network ID? I am trying to network a new PC with an existing PC that was previously successfully networked with a now redundant laptop. The setting that is frustrating me is not being able to change and keep the new...
  9. Network ID

Network ID: How do I get my computer to forget a previously used Network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-id/9682949e-b34f-44b4-ba9e-82a4d735f2ce
  10. Changing Main Network ID inputs .. Windows 10 64bit

Changing Main Network ID inputs .. Windows 10 64bit: hello. Recently, a friend of mine, wholly novice where considering the idea of the main focus of my post here (main subject heading), and, if with a tad bit of coaching from me, tried to connect her "Brother" (brand) low-end priced InkJet Printer, wirelessly, to her HP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network id not changing to home computer

2. cant change network id