Windows 10: Cant change password because of an old school account

Discus and support Cant change password because of an old school account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've got an issue with changing my windows hello pin password. It says my school account organization wont let me change it, though on the top left, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tri_08, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Tri_08 Win User

Cant change password because of an old school account

I've got an issue with changing my windows hello pin password. It says my school account organization wont let me change it, though on the top left, it shows i logged in with my personal account.I did have a school account, which I've disconnected through the Microsoft website because I've finished school and it's no longer valid. Somehow I think it's related and still wanting me to login into the school account.

:)

Tri_08, Apr 17, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 17, 2022
  3. Vario Win User
    Lost password on an Old Account, any way to merge accounts?

1) I hope I haven't broken the rules
    2) I created a new account because I couldn't remember the password to the old one
    3) Not sure. I like the 2005 reg date in a vanity sense and I was doing some lookup stuff with that account to trouble shoot my friend's pc (friend bought my old opteron / 7800GT rig) back in 2009.

Okay its probably hopeless then. *Frown Cant change password because of an old school account :(.

Vario, Apr 17, 2022
Thema:

Cant change password because of an old school account

1. Cant change password because of an old school account - Similar Threads - Cant change password

2. Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect...: After the latest update, Edge deleted all my saved profile options because I could no longer sign into the student account it had been using as I am no longer at university and the account doesn't exist anymore or is blocked. It had been associating all my saved...
  3. Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect...: After the latest update, Edge deleted all my saved profile options because I could no longer sign into the student account it had been using as I am no longer at university and the account doesn't exist anymore or is blocked. It had been associating all my saved...
  4. Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant change password because of an old school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change password because of an old school account: I've got an issue with changing my windows hello pin password. It says my school account organization wont let me change it, though on the top left, it shows i logged in with my personal account.I did have a school account, which I've disconnected through the Microsoft...
  6. Cant remove work or school account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant remove work or school account: Hi i have a problem where i cant remove my school account on my device. Firstly i downloaded microsoft teams and i tried to log in on the app but i couldnt then i logged in on the online version of the microsoft teams and somehow it automaticly connected with my device. Now...
  7. Can't Remove Old School Account

Can't Remove Old School Account: Hi all,My University uses Outlook as our email service provider, and so I had my student email linked to my computer to provide access to our Microsoft 365 programs. However, recently they updated our email servers, and in doing so all of our old emails became defunct;...
  8. School account changing policies

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    School account changing policies: During online learning, I downloaded MS Teams and used my email from our organization. This added a Microsoft account to my device. I believe that this account changed some policies like login with fingerprint (sorted) and it limits my access to Windows Defender settings...
  9. Cant remove work/school account

Cant remove work/school account: Greetings, for past few hours i've been trying to remove my school account but sadly no luck so far. it just keeps telling me "this work or school account cannot be removed by system policy" i tried signing in with a local account and then disconnecting my school...
  10. Cannot Change Microsoft Account Password to Old Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Change Microsoft Account Password to Old Password: I accidentally changed my Microsoft account password when I changed my lock screen password on the computer. I did not know that the password used to unlock the computer lock screen was the password used on the Microsoft account. Even though I have no intention of changing my...