Windows 10: Can't change permissions on a folder no matter what I tried.

Discus and support Can't change permissions on a folder no matter what I tried. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've tried all registry edits. I've tried every input to CMD/Powershell I've tried Take Ownership. noting works please help. Change button is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dominic Eaton, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Can't change permissions on a folder no matter what I tried.

I've tried all registry edits.

I've tried every input to CMD/Powershell

I've tried Take Ownership.

noting works please help.

Change button is greyed out.Can't change permissions on a folder no matter what I tried. [​IMG]

:)

Dominic Eaton, Sep 27, 2020

2. Folder Permissions not working on some folders

As found in this ServerFault answer, try with the following steps to change ownership and permission on many files and folders in one batch from command line:

• Open a Command Prompt "As Administrator"
    • Run the following commands:

takeown /f YourDrive:\YourFolder /r /d y

icacls YourDrive:\YourFolder /grant administrators:F /T

HTH

PiscopoGiuseppe, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 27, 2020
  4. tom acito Win User

Can't change permissions on a folder no matter what I tried.

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

this is for a file... how for a folder and ALL subfolders and files

thanks.

tom acito, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Can't change permissions on a folder no matter what I tried.

1. Can't change permissions on a folder no matter what I tried. - Similar Threads - Can't change permissions

2. Can't Defrag No Matter What

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Defrag No Matter What: In order to defrag, I can just press the Windows key and search "defrag," and the correct option Defrag and Optimize Drives appears. In order to defrag, I must click on this option, and select the Analyze button, yes? Well this button is grayed out and I cannot click it. I...
  3. No matter what I try, I can't disable Antimalware Service Executable.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No matter what I try, I can't disable Antimalware Service Executable.: I tried DisableAntiSpyware in the registry, but it just gets removed on reboot. I tried enabling "Turn off real-time protection" in the Group Policy Editor, but it didn't do anything. What else can I try to actually disable it? DisableAntiSpyware in the registry has always...
  4. This folder won't delete no matter what I try

This folder won't delete no matter what I try: I restored a backup to my desktop and now it won't delete because it has folders like "WindowsApps" inside which won't let me change the permissions to delete. I keep getting a "You need permission to perform this action" when I try. What Can I do? submitted by /u/ls_2012...
  5. Can't search for a specific tag in explorer, no matter what I try

Can't search for a specific tag in explorer, no matter what I try: https://i.imgur.com/Srtf3W7.png As you can see my picture has two tags: "dog: brown" and "cat: pink". The thing is, I'm getting results when searching for "dog: pink" which I shouldn't get because that tag doesn't exist. Explorer is giving me back partial matches and no...
  6. Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.: I try to update Windows10 fore months now. But nothing works. Not even the windows10 on a USB and start the computer from the USB stick and repair it from there. If you ask me. I think that my computer is hacked and under control by other poeple. If my computer is in...
  7. No matter what settings I change or what permissions I allow or deny, these alerts pop up...

No matter what settings I change or what permissions I allow or deny, these alerts pop up...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/socialmermen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e5t26c/no_matter_what_settings_i_change_or_what/
  8. Can't delete folder no matter what I do.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't delete folder no matter what I do.: Whilst downloading a third party software, I accidently downloaded a bloatware antivirus. I tried deleting it, and it told me it required permissions from " " to be deleted. After doing tons of steps to change the permissions to my own Account Name, it still tells...
  9. Windows 10 Open With will not change, no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Open With will not change, no matter what I try: Help me please. I've tried registry editing, muicache deleting, ccleaning, googled it out my ears, but nothing will let me clear the open with, or change any of the files that show in the list. If I right click and open with, and choose a new program (with choose another...
  10. Can't seem to change permissions on folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't seem to change permissions on folders: I keep getting a "Permission denied" error when trying to save stuff in the "My Documents" folder. The folder seems to be set to "read only", which is pointless for that folder - not even sure why it's been set to that. Any suggestions? I have tried to untick and "apply",...