Windows 10: Can't change photo date

Discus and support Can't change photo date in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why can't I change the data on some (most) of my photos, yet on some (a few) I can. Procedure is the same; select a photo's tick box in collection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cortexpert, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Can't change photo date

Why can't I change the data on some (most) of my photos, yet on some (a few) I can. Procedure is the same; select a photo's tick box in collection view, right click menu but then Change date is greyed out. Why?

I can't see anything consistent about which photos will and will not change date. In fact some that will and won't are from the same phone taken within a few days of each other.

Microsoft Photos 2018.18081.14710.0

:)

Cortexpert, Nov 6, 2018

2. Change photo tags for upload...not afterwards

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to sort the photos by date in the saved location and check if it helps.

To do so, follow the below steps:

• Open the folder where the photos are saved.

• Click on View tab.

• Click Group by, then click Date.
    Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 6, 2018
  4. JOEFYIE Win User

Can't change photo date

Photo Date

I had an old digital camera which defaulted my photos to 2099. Now, they appear at the top of my list. Is there a way to change the date on a group of such photos?

JOEFYIE, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Can't change photo date

1. Can't change photo date - Similar Threads - Can't change photo

2. Can't change the birth date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change the birth date: Hello,I wanted to upgrade my Microsoft account for OneDrive, but I realized that my account birthdate was set up as a child. In Family mode, I don't have any family members, only me as a child. That's really weird I'm an adult. And I don't have a right to edit my own...
  3. Can't change the birth date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change the birth date: Hello,I wanted to upgrade my Microsoft account for OneDrive, but I realized that my account birthdate was set up as a child. In Family mode, I don't have any family members, only me as a child. That's really weird I'm an adult. And I don't have a right to edit my own...
  4. Can't change the birth date

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Who do I change the "Date Created" on a photo?

Who do I change the "Date Created" on a photo?: Who do I change the "Date Created" on a photo? I have not be able to edit this in the details window of the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-do-i-change-the-date-created-on-a-photo/d795d705-795f-47c0-bd84-0cea41b63c82
  6. Dates on old photos randomly got changed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dates on old photos randomly got changed?: For reference, my computer uses Windows 10, but I have an iPhone. Yesterday I was trying to transfer a few recent photos from my phone to my computer - I've done this a million times, by the way, so it should've worked the same. The recent photos got transferred no problem,...
  7. Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10

Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10: I cannot get Windows 10 to let me change the dates on photos that are wrong. I cannot get Photo Gallery or Windows Essentials 2012. I cannot see where I can open a dialoque box that allows me to open up a box for date taken and not date created....
  8. Photos randomly changes dates of my pictures

Photos randomly changes dates of my pictures: Hi, I have noticed this happening several times now. I am currently sorting my photos and doing albums with Photos. However, it turns out that Photos sometimes changes the dates on some of the photos, so that afterwards, they appear in a messed up order in the Photos gallery....
  9. wrong "date created" in photos app and won't let me change the date

wrong "date created" in photos app and won't let me change the date: I can't change the "date created" on several photos and videos. After import from my iphone to Onedrive, they show "date created" the date on which I imported them from the iphone e.g. 1/25/2019 "date modified" the actual date created e.g. 6/14/2018 When I use the left...
  10. Windows 10 Photos Change the date to before 1968

Windows 10 Photos Change the date to before 1968: Scanning in old photos and want to change the date to before 1968, not an option in photos - is there a workaround or another good app to do this?...