Windows 10: Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager

Discus and support Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I was trying to use Wake-On-LAN and I didn't work so I checked Device Manager and Power Management and noticed I couldn't change this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by koen1711, Nov 26, 2022.

1. koen1711 Win User

Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager

So I was trying to use Wake-On-LAN and I didn't work so I checked Device Manager and Power Management and noticed I couldn't change this setting:https://gyazo.com/50d7b7a1e91a3e7771fda357999f859fNow if I could change this setting I think Wake-On-Lan will work and I hope someone knows the solution why I can't change this setting.

:)

koen1711, Nov 26, 2022
  2. Batmann Win User

Fingerprint issue/Power Management

already tried the credentials service one, not of any help. I guess the only fix is from the power management tab

1. Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list

2. When Device Manager opens, locate your fingerprint reader. It should be located in Biometric Devices section.

3.Right click your fingerprint reader and choose Properties

4. Navigate to Power Management tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

5. Click OK to save changes.

I want to follow this step but I cannot find the power management tab.

Batmann, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Platform Power Management CapabilitiesCan't change Power Management setting in Device Manager :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern with the battery report. Active State Power Management or ASPM is a power management protocol used to manage PCI Express-based serial link devices as links become less active over time. It is normally used on laptops and
    other mobile Internet devices to extend battery life.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are there any devices connected to the computer?

Please respond to the private message with the required information for further investigation. However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Change the advanced power plan settings.

1. Right click at Windows Start menu icon and select Control Panel.
    2. Set the View by to: Small icons.
    3. Click on Power Option, then click on Change plan setting.
    4. Select Changeadvanced power settings.
    5. Scroll down and expand PCI Express and
      Link State Power Management
    6. Change the option for both On battery
      and Plugged in to Maximum power savings.
    7. Then click Ok.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager

power management tab is gone from device manager

my clean install messed up my computer.
    The power manager tab is missing in device manager, I did a google and found a fix for it that suggested a key for it. But the key was already there, in Regedit.
    what can I do? I have my computer on the floor and can´t reach down every to wake it up from sleep mode. Yes, the power button still works.

midihooker, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager

1. Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Can't change Power

2. Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager: Hello!I have read the other thread regarding similar issues and tried different fixes without success. I am installing a Bluetooth device that uses a dongle for pairing. I am getting the following error message: "The power saving flag is set. Disable the power saving options...
  3. Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager: Hello!I have read the other thread regarding similar issues and tried different fixes without success. I am installing a Bluetooth device that uses a dongle for pairing. I am getting the following error message: "The power saving flag is set. Disable the power saving options...
  4. Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager: So I was trying to use Wake-On-LAN and I didn't work so I checked Device Manager and Power Management and noticed I couldn't change this setting:https://gyazo.com/50d7b7a1e91a3e7771fda357999f859fNow if I could change this setting I think Wake-On-Lan will work and I hope...
  5. Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager

Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager: So I was trying to use Wake-On-LAN and I didn't work so I checked Device Manager and Power Management and noticed I couldn't change this setting:https://gyazo.com/50d7b7a1e91a3e7771fda357999f859fNow if I could change this setting I think Wake-On-Lan will work and I hope...
  6. Power management missing out of device manager

Power management missing out of device manager: Hello!I wanted to disable the 'Allow the computer to let this driver sleep'or what ever its called, and theres no management tab, is there a way I can disable it through command prompt, or a way to enable the power management tab? Thank you!...
  7. Power Managment settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Managment settings: Hi, I have a bit of a problem here.First I don't know if this is the correct windows topic but it does have something to do with power.So the thing is that I want to use the powersaving setting as an important option in the powermanager menu.It used to be there, but now it`s...
  8. No power management in Device Manager Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No power management in Device Manager Windows 10: hi i am trying to fix my laptop automaticly disconecting from the wifi so i went to device maneger and network adapter and i did not see the power management tab please help this is very annoying...
  9. Power management tab is missing in device manager!

Power management tab is missing in device manager!: If i go to network adapters and open the properties of my wifi card IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz there is no power management tab. Another post said to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power in regedit, where I had to create a new DWORD called...
  10. Power Management Tab in Device Manager

Power Management Tab in Device Manager: Hi All, I need some help so I decided to join the forum. I picked up an extra project at work, I'm going to be setting up WOL (Wake on LAN) on all machines. I have tested this in my home environment with laptops and Desktops and it works flawlessly. All work at the BIOS...