Windows 10: Can't change preferred default browser after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Can't change preferred default browser after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, so I installed the new update because the dumb popups started playing on my nerves, after I did that the system opened up with Edge browser. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SlenderPL, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Can't change preferred default browser after Windows 10 update

Hi, so I installed the new update because the dumb popups started playing on my nerves, after I did that the system opened up with Edge browser. So I close that crap as fast as I can and then I notice that all my default programs have been changed to Windows ones, I changed all of them but the browser. I have multiple internet browser installed on my PC and in the settings I can't choose the one I want. It's just Edge, some other browser and Windows Store [Can't even choose IE!]. Why would you do this Microsoft, I won't use that shitty browser especially now after switch to Chromium.

submitted by /u/SlenderPL
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SlenderPL, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

There are three other ways to set your default program. In Default apps, navigate the page to find the following:

• Choose default apps by file type
    • Choose default apps by protocol
    • Set defaults by app

To manually change your default browser, follow these steps:

• Set your preferred default browser to skip Choose default apps by file type. Click
      Choose default apps by protocol then look for HTTP and HTTPS. Change them to your preferred browser.
    • After that, click Set defaults by app and wait for the new windows to load. Search your preferred browser and click it. Select
      Set this program as default and press OK.
    • Close all your browsers and check if it still asks you to set your browser.

Let us know how it goes after doing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Changing default browser

Hi Brian M

to change the default browser first install your preferred browser then go to settings -> Apps -> Default apps

under web browser, click on the current default and select your preferred browser from the list.

Martmcd, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Can't change preferred default browser after Windows 10 update

Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

Hi Athena,

Edge is the built-in browser recommended on Windows 10. The option to change the default browser to your preferred browser are as follows:

• Type Settings in Cortana search, then press
      Enter.
    • Click System, then select Default apps.
    • Under the Choose default apps, click Web browser and then select your preferred browser.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Can't change preferred default browser after Windows 10 update

1. Can't change preferred default browser after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Can't change preferred

2. Can't change my default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change my default browser: I've recently been attacked by a malware/virus. After that, a lot of things stopped working. My Opera GX browser ceased to open even after reinstalling, so I deleted. I can still use chrome and microsoft edge, so that problem was solved. The main problem right now is I can't...
  3. Default apps and preferences resetting after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Default apps and preferences resetting after update: I just recently installed Windows 10 on my new pc and it already had an update, after the update the following happen after I turn my computer on: -default apps reset to Windows defaults -Chrome browser resets and logs me out of Google accounts -personalization settings...
  4. Change the default browser

Change the default browser: When I go to settings and click on Apps and choose Default apps I am unable to pick any other browser except Edge or Internet Explorer. There is an option to choose an app from the Microsoft Store but that doesn't help. I am running Windows 10 HOme version 1909 OS build...
  5. Updated windows 7 to windows 10: can't change default browser to firefox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated windows 7 to windows 10: can't change default browser to firefox: I've just finished updating my PC from 7 to 10, and I'm now trying to change my default browser. Unfortunately, Firefox won't show up as one of the possibilities. I can only see edge, IE and to chose from the store. The firefox application by itself works fine, but I cannot...
  6. Updates change my default Browser.

Updates change my default Browser.: Hi, It seems that everytime I turn my computer on or there has been an update, I have to reset Google Chrome as my Browser because windows has changed it back to Edge. I am wondering if there is a permanent fix for this as this is becoming such an inconvenience that I am...
  7. change default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change default browser: I cannot change my browser and home page and start up to google chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-browser/5623d04e-53f8-4346-8946-0057ef02fcbe"
  8. Change default browser

Change default browser: MSW10 won't let me change the default Browser to Chrome. I've attached 3 screenshots showing that: 1. Chrome isn't an option when I try to "choose an app" in the default apps section of settings. 2. Nor is Chrome available in the MS App Store. 3. Chrome isn't even listed...
  9. Changing default browser in Windows 10

Changing default browser in Windows 10: I use Windows 10 and habitually use MS Edge as my browser despite the poor favourites management. When I follow a link in an email from MS Outlook, it opens in MS Internet Explorer, so I assume that Edge is not my default browser. This has only recently started happening, so...
  10. Can't change default browser to Google Chrome

Can't change default browser to Google Chrome: Hi I use windows 10 version 1803 When I try changing the default browser in the settings, there's only 2 I can choose, Edge and Internet Explorer. I would like to use Google Chrome but it doesn't show up. The program is installed in my computer, I'm even using it right now...