Windows 10: Can't change primary alias on Microsoft account

Discus and support Can't change primary alias on Microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I think this is the wrong Category and Topic, but I can't find the one that fits my needs. I've had a problem with my Microsoft account for years in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Takalot79, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Takalot79 Win User

Can't change primary alias on Microsoft account

I think this is the wrong Category and Topic, but I can't find the one that fits my needs.

I've had a problem with my Microsoft account for years in which I can't change my primary alias. It's a personal Microsoft account that I am in charge of and am the sole user of. It's not managed by my employer and I'm over 18 years of age. The account was made though, on an Xbox Live family plan back when I played Xbox 360.

After I started using windows more, we separated my account from the family plan, but I was never able to change my primary alias. I want to be able to change my primary alias to my personal email that I use for everything else, and I want to be able to remove the Microsoft email that I don't even know how to access from my account.

I can't figure out how to do this, but it's come to a point where it's really important to me.

I would just delete my Microsoft account and start from scratch, but I have made numerous purchases on this account, not only for Xbox 360, but for Windows 10. I don't want to lose all of that just for the sake of this email.

If anyone has any information regarding how this could be fixed, I'd really appreciate it.

:)

Takalot79, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't change primary alias on Microsoft account

1. Can't change primary alias on Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Can't change primary

2. Account Recovery, primary alias changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Recovery, primary alias changed: someone please help me. title says it all, I can answer any number of questions about it. any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-recovery-primary-alias-changed/3ce45abb-464d-4564-beb1-30560493ab55
  3. Account Recovery, primary alias changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Recovery, primary alias changed: someone please help me. title says it all, I can answer any number of questions about it. any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-recovery-primary-alias-changed/3ce45abb-464d-4564-beb1-30560493ab55
  4. Can't change account primary alias.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change account primary alias.: I have a Microsoft 365 account and am trying to change my primary alias.I have been able to add the correct e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make that address my primary alias, I get the message "that address is already part of your security information."...
  5. Can't change account primary alias.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change account primary alias.: I have a Microsoft 365 account and am trying to change my primary alias.I have been able to add the correct e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make that address my primary alias, I get the message "that address is already part of your security information."...
  6. Can't change account primary alias.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Changing the primary alias

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing the primary alias: My current primary alias is an email address that no longer exists. I don't have trouble signing in, but because the address no longer exists, I don't get any communication from Microsoft. I have tried adding aliases, but I keep getting the error that the email already...
  8. Microsoft Account primary alias

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Account primary alias: How do I change my Microsoft account primary alias? I am currently blocked from changing it. It is a personal account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-primary-alias/578b7a78-249f-4040-b056-c2ca4cb18c8c"
  9. Changing primary alias

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing primary alias: People on this forum have been complaining that they can't change their primary alias since at least as far back as May 8, 2015--over 2000 people on this forum. God know how many have called in for help like I have. One Microsoft customer server told me it was a known problem...
  10. Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account: How to: Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account How to Change the Primary Alias for your Microsoft Account [img] Information An account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and...