Windows 10: Can't change resolution after restart

Discus and support Can't change resolution after restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Everyone! Today around 2 hours ago my screen turned to "no signal" while I was playing VR. After I was finished with my play session I realized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BigSmoke1, Dec 16, 2019.

1. BigSmoke1 Win User

Can't change resolution after restart

Hello Everyone!

Today around 2 hours ago my screen turned to "no signal" while I was playing VR. After I was finished with my play session I realized that the screen had no signal so I unplugged the HDMI cable from my monitor and back in, only to find out it didn't work so I restarted my computer, after that the resolution turned to 1024x768, so I went to change it, opened Display Settings and opened the resolutions tab, where the only 2 options were the same resolution and 800x600. Now, the thing is that my resolution is 1920x1080.

I have tried absolutely everything I knew and looked up on either support pages, google, and youtube, I've done everything from updating drivers, uninstalling drivers, unplugging the graphics card. I honestly don't know what to do anymore... Please internet, use your magic powers to rescue a fellow gamer.

:)

BigSmoke1, Dec 16, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Can't change resolution after restart

Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Can't change resolution after restart

1. Can't change resolution after restart - Similar Threads - Can't change resolution

2. Can't change to 2560x1080 Resolution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change to 2560x1080 Resolution.: Hello there. I have been dealing with an issue for a long time regarding my resolution. I want to change my display resolution to 2560x1080 ultrawide, but I do not get the option to do it. I have tried to fix it, but I've got no idea how. I tried "List All Modes" thing, and...
  3. Laptop restarts after I change resolution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts after I change resolution: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop and whenever i change resolution to 1366x768 my laptop reboots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-i-change-resolution/12e6cddf-6da1-42a0-8eee-5bdd2db33874
  4. Laptop restarts after I change resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts after I change resolution: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop and whenever i change resolution to 1366x768 my laptop reboots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-i-change-resolution/12e6cddf-6da1-42a0-8eee-5bdd2db33874
  5. Laptop restarts after I change resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 resolution changes after restart to default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 resolution changes after restart to default: Windows 10 was fine few days ago and everything was alright and no problems until someday, I noticed that my laptop shut down itself then when I restarted it, I got that automating repair thing, and I kept getting it everytime I restart the laptop, so I knew the laptop had...
  7. Can't change resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change resolution: Hey so i recently got and built my pc but my acer 75hz freesync monitor wont turn on when i turn on my pc ive tried hdmi cord and vga cord still wont work but other lower resolution monitors work but im not able to play any games cause how bad the frame rate is ect and it...
  8. I can't change the resolution

I can't change the resolution: My laptop isn't very powerful so I needed to lower the resolution on the games I played, and now I can't change it, I could change the resolution after the November update, so I don't know what to try or what to do....
  9. Resolution changes on restart

Resolution changes on restart: My display resolution changes everytime i restart my pc. When i shut down my pc and then turn it on,the resolution is normal I need help, i have the latest drivers. I want to change my default monitor resolution to a higher one...
  10. Can't change monitor resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't change monitor resolution: During the install Windows 10 chose an incorrect monitor size. It chose a 19" and I have a 25". The resolution is set to 1024x768 nothing is displaying correctly. I need a 1900x1200 resolution but the drop down selector is greyed out and gives me no options other than the...