Windows 10: Cant change resolution to 1080p or update driver

Discus and support Cant change resolution to 1080p or update driver in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cant change my resolution at all and ive gone to the geforce site to update my driver and it keeps failing to install it any help? These are my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MReynolds, Jul 30, 2015.

1. MReynolds Win User

Cant change resolution to 1080p or update driver

I cant change my resolution at all and ive gone to the geforce site to update my driver and it keeps failing to install it any help?
    These are my current specs:
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD FX-4100 33 °C
    Zambezi 32nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M LX (AM3R2) 25 °C
    Graphics
    Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1280x1024@64Hz)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (PNY)
    Storage
    931GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA) 25 °C
    Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB ATA Device
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

:)

MReynolds, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Zyhael Win User

1080p no longer an option

Thanks for the help.

I tried uninstalling the NVidia drivers and reinstalling it, nothing changed.

I decided to use an HDMI Cable and everything is ok at 1080p, it's only on vga that the resolution is on the native resolution of the tv/monitor.

Zyhael, Jul 30, 2015
  3. RanWhite1 Win User
    Resolution problem with Win 10 and ViewSonic Monitor

Recommended Resolution does not render correctly. ViewSonic 1080P Full HD monitor.

Model: VS12324

Updating driver did NOT resolve the problem.

RanWhite1, Jul 30, 2015
  4. MortTheBeast Win User

Sounds like the same issue I had. If you Google "display driver uninstaller"... get the one from Guru3d (15.3.1.0) and run that and then try updating driver. Worked for me.

MortTheBeast, Jul 30, 2015
  5. RetentiveHybrid Win User
    1st, shutdown your computer and turn it back on. Then, restart your computer. Then, try to run the install again. Happened to me and this fixed it. Then the driver now works fine.

RetentiveHybrid, Jul 30, 2015
  6. RobMathew Win User
    Make sure you select the windows ten -64 bit not 32. i had the same issue. Same graphics card too.

RobMathew, Jul 30, 2015
  7. MReynolds Win User
    This worked perfectly thanks *Biggrin

MReynolds, Jul 30, 2015
  8. MortTheBeast Win User

*Nerd

MortTheBeast, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant change resolution to 1080p or update driver - Similar Threads - Cant change resolution

2. change screen resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    change screen resolution: how do I change my screen resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-screen-resolution/34c8b5fe-01c1-4a31-bb33-5f496e03e8b9
  3. cant get 1080 resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    cant get 1080 resolution: after upgrading to windows 10, I cant get max resolution on my satellite p55-A5312. there is no option after 1366 x 768. I have installed the latest drivers from Toshiba site and also via windows update. but still cant get hd reolution. any help would be appreciated. thank...
  4. 4K resolution through a VGA cabel with a 1080p TV?!

4K resolution through a VGA cabel with a 1080p TV?!: I connected my PC to my 1080p TV and when I went to the setting I saw that 3840x2160 resolution is available, even at 60 Hz. How is that possible? It's even through a VGA cabel, which supports a maximum res. of 2048x1536. Last time I connected the TV the maximum res....
  5. Can't change monitor resolution

Can't change monitor resolution: During the install Windows 10 chose an incorrect monitor size. It chose a 19" and I have a 25". The resolution is set to 1024x768 nothing is displaying correctly. I need a 1900x1200 resolution but the drop down selector is greyed out and gives me no options other than the...
  6. Screen resolution will not change

Screen resolution will not change: My screen resolution is currently 1024 x 768, but needs to be 2048 x 1536. It will not change when I go to settings, I merely get a message that says "Input not Support". When I tried the help online, it said I need to update the graphics driver, but two attempts to do so...
  7. screen resolution changed after latest cumulative update

screen resolution changed after latest cumulative update: My laptop downloaded and installed the latest major Windows 10 update this morning (took several hours!), and now my screen resolution has changed - the icons and text are all way too big. There are no system restore points available, so I cannot revert to earlier working...
  8. How to change resolution in Win10

How to change resolution in Win10: Hi, This is my first post in Win10 after much help in the Win 7 forum. How do I change the resolution in Win 10 64? And, how do I access help in this OS? As info: I'm old fashioned, so I got rid of all of those blue "apps" that are in the START menu. Perhaps there...
  9. Screen resolution unexpectedly changes

Screen resolution unexpectedly changes: Since upgrading my PC to Windows 10, I am having an occasional issue while browsing that is non-fatal but very annoying. This happened frequently in Chrome, and much less so with Firefox. Usually while scrolling on some page, the following sequence occurs: 1) A short sound...
  10. Everything is huge but at 1080p resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything is huge but at 1080p resolution: The problem: everything including icons, start menu, internet browsers, everything is appearing as if I am at a lower resolution even though I am at 1920x1080. The only things I did were disconnect a second monitor I am now using for my laptop and click ease of access and...