Cant change resolution to 1080p or update driver

Discus and support Cant change resolution to 1080p or update driver in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I cant change my resolution at all and ive gone to the geforce site to update my driver and it keeps failing to install it any help? These are my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MReynolds, Jul 31, 2015.

1. MReynolds Win User

I cant change my resolution at all and ive gone to the geforce site to update my driver and it keeps failing to install it any help?
    These are my current specs:
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD FX-4100 33 °C
    Zambezi 32nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M LX (AM3R2) 25 °C
    Graphics
    Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1280x1024@64Hz)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (PNY)
    Storage
    931GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA) 25 °C
    Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB ATA Device
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

:)

MReynolds, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Zyhael Win User

1080p no longer an option

Thanks for the help.

I tried uninstalling the NVidia drivers and reinstalling it, nothing changed.

I decided to use an HDMI Cable and everything is ok at 1080p, it's only on vga that the resolution is on the native resolution of the tv/monitor.

Zyhael, Jul 31, 2015
  3. RanWhite1 Win User
    Resolution problem with Win 10 and ViewSonic Monitor

Recommended Resolution does not render correctly. ViewSonic 1080P Full HD monitor.

Model: VS12324

Updating driver did NOT resolve the problem.

RanWhite1, Jul 31, 2015
  4. MortTheBeast Win User

Sounds like the same issue I had. If you Google "display driver uninstaller"... get the one from Guru3d (15.3.1.0) and run that and then try updating driver. Worked for me.

MortTheBeast, Jul 31, 2015
  5. RetentiveHybrid Win User
    1st, shutdown your computer and turn it back on. Then, restart your computer. Then, try to run the install again. Happened to me and this fixed it. Then the driver now works fine.

RetentiveHybrid, Jul 31, 2015
  6. RobMathew Win User
    Make sure you select the windows ten -64 bit not 32. i had the same issue. Same graphics card too.

RobMathew, Jul 31, 2015
  7. MReynolds Win User
    This worked perfectly thanks *Biggrin

MReynolds, Jul 31, 2015
  8. MortTheBeast Win User

*Nerd

MortTheBeast, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cant change resolution to 1080p or update driver - Similar Threads - Cant change resolution

1. windows cant reactivate after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    windows cant reactivate after changing motherboard: hi guys..can someone help me ? i recently change my motherboard and my windows cant reactivate using trouble shooter from activation tab. is there any solution for this? my windows version is 1803 build 17134.48 . thanks before 111304
  2. How to change START look, cant remove all app mode

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change START look, cant remove all app mode: Hi Guys, noob question here. How do i change the start menu to look like the 2nd picture? The left part looks annoying to me. Any help would be appreciated. 60184
  3. Cant change windows Logon password

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant change windows Logon password: Good Day ladies and gentlemen I have been Happy with windows 10 But I would Like to change my window Logon password through the user account it wont let me Any Advice Thank you 56738
  4. Cant change default app settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant change default app settings: Hi as stated I cant change any of the default app settings in windows 10. I tried to change my default browser to chrome,nothing happens after i click google chrome,its still edge. This also applies to other defaults like maps,music player,photo viewer etc. 59930
  5. cant change title bar font size any more?

in Windows 10 Support
    cant change title bar font size any more?: I swear I could do it on the previous build, but on 15019, just installed tonight, I cant for the life of me figure out where that setting has gone.. any help is greatly appriciated! 75959
  6. lost Administrator access to my pc, cant change any settings

in Windows 10 Support
    lost Administrator access to my pc, cant change any settings: Long story short, I can login to my computer using my username (i am the only user to choose from on the login screen& and i know my PW) but if i want to install an app or change any of my settings i need to have administrator access. i would give it to myself but i need...
  7. Cant Change Energy Plan

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant Change Energy Plan: Hello When i try to change my energy plan to balanced or even create a new one it automatically change to high performance. Already checked for virus.. What can i do to fix this? 71447
Cant change resolution to 1080p or update driver solved