Windows 10: Can't change screen brightness when playing full screen games

Discus and support Can't change screen brightness when playing full screen games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop has intel and nvidia graphics. After a recent windows 10 update, whenever I play my games on nvidia graphics on full screen, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Drawdots, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Drawdots Win User

Can't change screen brightness when playing full screen games

My laptop has intel and nvidia graphics. After a recent windows 10 update, whenever I play my games on nvidia graphics on full screen, the screen brightness will dim/brighten to ~50. Changing the brightness in the windows settings i.e. 0 or 100 does not change the screen brightness when running the game in full screen.

I have tried updating the graphic drivers, re-installing the graphic drivers, re-installing the graphics drivers to an older version, and uninstalling some windows updates unable to uninstall KB4574727, KB4576751, KB4559309 though. None of these help to resolve this issue. Can anybody please provide a fix to this?

:)

Drawdots, Sep 19, 2020

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Sep 19, 2020
  3. ICG01 Win User
    Change screen brightness

My laptop screen is dull. Need to make it brighter. However the suggestion --> Start - Settings - System - Brightness and color

does not work. It is already set to max. brightness but there is no reaction. Screen remains dull. By the way there is no change if I move slide to minimum brightness, it would not change brightness level at all. Any suggestion?

ICG01, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Can't change screen brightness when playing full screen games

Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Can't change screen brightness when playing full screen games

1. Can't change screen brightness when playing full screen games - Similar Threads - Can't change screen

2. Screen brightness level changes when full-screening applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen brightness level changes when full-screening applications: For some reason whenever I full-screen an application such as rainbow 6 siege, the screen brightness changes to 0 despite the brightness bar showing it at 100%, though whenever I tab out of the application I can change the brightness back to 100%, but when I return to the app...
  3. Screen brightness level changes when full-screening applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen brightness level changes when full-screening applications: For some reason whenever I full-screen an application such as rainbow 6 siege, the screen brightness changes to 0 despite the brightness bar showing it at 100%, though whenever I tab out of the application I can change the brightness back to 100%, but when I return to the app...
  4. Fix Screen Dims when playing Games on full screen on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Screen Dims when playing Games on full screen on Windows PC: [ATTACH]While playing your favorite games on Windows 11/10 PC, do your screen dim or get darker? Well, it’s not only you who is annoyed by this issue. At times, when playing games on full screen, the screen may start looking a lot darker or than you need, and you will have...
  5. White bar at top of screen when playing games in full screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    White bar at top of screen when playing games in full screen.: Hi my toddler lent on my keyboard and it made the task bar and bar at the top ofthe screen appear. I googled how to get rid of it and I managed to hide the task bar in game but not the the bar at the top. I tried changing the resolution to a lower one and then reverting it...
  6. Brightness dims in full screen of game when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness dims in full screen of game when plugged in: I have looked for all of the solutions and none of them worked for me. Some i didnt even have the option available. Im using an alienware laptop windows 10. I have looked for adaptive brightness in settings everywhere but it doesnt exist on my machine. Im not sure how to stop...
  7. Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.: Hi, Every time I'm in full screen mode for example YouTube, or even full screen F11 in browser my screen dims automatically with no option to turn down the brightness. When I exit full screen, it goes back to the brightness level I had before. Lenovo Yoga 11S. Windows 10...
  8. playing games in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    playing games in full screen: I am trying to play the Heroes of might and magic series through UpLay. For some reason it has stopped loading in full screen mode. It will load and play but in a tiny window. How can I get it back to full scrren?...
  9. Screen flickers when games played on full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickers when games played on full screen: Screen flickers when I play games on fullscreen, It's fine on windowed mode. I am having this problem since a year now, I have been using V-Sync feature on games as a bypass to this problem but there are new games which don't offer this feature, neither does the Intel...
  10. can't play full screen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't play full screen games: when I open any game i see black borders at the sides. I have Intel HD graphics display adapter and NVIDIA graphics driver installed on my laptop (everything is up to data). I tried many solutions but there is no "scale full screen" option in Intel control panel with res...