Windows 10: Cant change screen brightness.

Discus and support Cant change screen brightness. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ive tried everything that the help section offered and nothing worked. Im on the latest version of windows and I can’t change my brightness. submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DeadIIInside, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Cant change screen brightness.

Ive tried everything that the help section offered and nothing worked. Im on the latest version of windows and I can’t change my brightness.

submitted by /u/DeadIIInside
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DeadIIInside, Aug 9, 2020

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Aug 9, 2020
  4. ICG01 Win User

Cant change screen brightness.

Change screen brightness

My laptop screen is dull. Need to make it brighter. However the suggestion --> Start - Settings - System - Brightness and color

does not work. It is already set to max. brightness but there is no reaction. Screen remains dull. By the way there is no change if I move slide to minimum brightness, it would not change brightness level at all. Any suggestion?

ICG01, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Cant change screen brightness.

1. Cant change screen brightness. - Similar Threads - Cant change screen

2. Cant change the screen brightness and connect to second screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change the screen brightness and connect to second screen: After I made a windows update I cant change screen brightness using f10 and f11 keys on my laptop keyboard, I also cant connect with second screen when I connect a hdmi cable it seems to not detect second screen this is not a problem with cable because I tested it with my...
  3. Cant change the screen brightness and connect to second screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change the screen brightness and connect to second screen: After I made a windows update I cant change screen brightness using f10 and f11 keys on my laptop keyboard, I also cant connect with second screen when I connect a hdmi cable it seems to not detect second screen this is not a problem with cable because I tested it with my...
  4. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change screen brightness: Screen too bright. Can't find way to simply lower brightness a little bit. Really hard on the eyes . Appreciate any solutions/recommendations. Otherwise, PC is OK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/7fbb954a-18c8-4c8f-bbb1-0d7704975a52
  5. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    change screen brightness: Screen too bright. Can't find way to simply lower brightness a little bit. Really hard on the eyes . Appreciate any solutions/recommendations. Otherwise, PC is OK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/7fbb954a-18c8-4c8f-bbb1-0d7704975a52
  6. cant change brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant change brightness: hi thank you for your help i got this problem I'm been trying to solve it for the last 4 monthsi trayed all possible solution form re install \ update driversenable disable PNPdo the registry thing solution i foundand re install win10 after formatting the laptop still unable...
  7. Cant change brightness at times

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant change brightness at times: Does anybody else get this? I leave my laptop on at night with stuff playing in the background so I change the brightness quite often. I'm using an old beat up laptop though so I cant use the FN buttons, but every now and then the brightness adjustment bar in the settings is...
  8. Brightness of the screen is not changing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness of the screen is not changing.: The brightness slider is not working. I am able to change brightness percentage on the slider but it is not changing the screen brightness actually....
  9. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    change screen brightness: I have updated my computer and it still does not work I also cant turn on the night light. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/8efc0d03-b30b-45b6-8dba-e5ae5fd498c8
  10. cant change brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant change brightness: laptop: HP ProBook 430 G5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-brightness/c00d4afe-85c3-40bb-905c-dd88b8a41e79