Windows 10: Can't change screen resolution of my laptop

Discus and support Can't change screen resolution of my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am not able change screen resolution of the laptop which has windows 10 and I am facing this issue after windows 10 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardZ6, Sep 25, 2020.

1. RichardZ6 Win User

Can't change screen resolution of my laptop

I am not able change screen resolution of the laptop which has windows 10 and I am facing this issue after windows 10 update

:)

RichardZ6, Sep 25, 2020

2. Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Can't change screen resolution of my laptop

Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't change screen resolution of my laptop

1. Can't change screen resolution of my laptop - Similar Threads - Can't change screen

2. Change screen resolution on laptop screen on behalf of docked or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change screen resolution on laptop screen on behalf of docked or not: HiIs it somehow possible to switch the screen resolution automatically on behalf of the laptop is connect to a docking station or not?Thanks in advance !...
  3. Change screen resolution on laptop screen on behalf of docked or not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change screen resolution on laptop screen on behalf of docked or not: HiIs it somehow possible to switch the screen resolution automatically on behalf of the laptop is connect to a docking station or not?Thanks in advance !...
  4. I can't change my screen resolution to 2560x1080

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't change my screen resolution to 2560x1080: I have recently acquired an Ultrawide monitor from LG 29WP500-B and the image is stretched. In display settings, it only goes up to 1920x1080. I have updated every driver i could and there is still no option fit for my monitor. I even reinstalled the driver for my Nvidia...
  5. klDrawinit : can't change screen resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    klDrawinit : can't change screen resolution: I was trying to play the game . I installed d3drm.dll, and I changed my region to Japan, but when i tried to launch it, it went into full screen , and said "klDrawinit : can't change screen resolution"....
  6. Can't change screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change screen resolution: I can't change screen resolution of the laptop it has windows 10 and I think this issue occur after recent 2014 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-screen-resolution/d293169c-dd78-464f-bfb9-f7ff8a6afb79
  7. Can't change resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change resolution: Hey so i recently got and built my pc but my acer 75hz freesync monitor wont turn on when i turn on my pc ive tried hdmi cord and vga cord still wont work but other lower resolution monitors work but im not able to play any games cause how bad the frame rate is ect and it...
  8. Change screen resolution

Change screen resolution: Since I installed Win 10 (over Win 7) icons JPGs are distorted- too wide The res recommended for this monitor is not available when I go to personalize on the desktop....
  9. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: how do I change my screen resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-screen-resolution/34c8b5fe-01c1-4a31-bb33-5f496e03e8b9
  10. Screen resolution will not change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution will not change: My screen resolution is currently 1024 x 768, but needs to be 2048 x 1536. It will not change when I go to settings, I merely get a message that says "Input not Support". When I tried the help online, it said I need to update the graphics driver, but two attempts to do so...