Windows 10: Can't change sign-in options (Settings app freezes)

Discus and support Can't change sign-in options (Settings app freezes) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm on 1909, deliberately using a local account, and after Windows decided to lock me out after going to sleep (even though I'd configured it to not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EeK09, Jan 31, 2020.

1. /u/EeK09 Win User

Can't change sign-in options (Settings app freezes)

I'm on 1909, deliberately using a local account, and after Windows decided to lock me out after going to sleep (even though I'd configured it to not ask for a password or PIN in any cases), I decided to change my password to something that I'd actually be able to remember in a pinch.

However, as soon as I click on "Sign-in options", under "Accounts", the entire Settings app freezes, and I can't do anything else.

I've tried following the steps mentioned in these two articles, but even after making sure that the "Credential Manager Service" was running, executing sfc/scannow and the other DISM commands, I'm still unable to change or even access my sign-in options.

Any tips?

submitted by /u/EeK09
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EeK09, Jan 31, 2020

2. Change Sign-in Option

I want to change my sign-in option. When I go to settings>accounts I can access all the options except the sign-in option. When I click on that option the screen freezes. Even if I type it in the "Find a Setting" box, it still freezes.

DennisWL92, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Can't sign in to xbox app on windows 10 laptop

Hi,

A corrupted file is one of the possible reasons as to why you can't sign in to the Xbox app on Windows 10. Changing some the network settings can help to resolve the issue. To change your network settings, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then type
      Internet Options in the search box.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click on the
      LAN settings button.
    • Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN, and then check
      Automatically detect settings.
    • Click OK, and then click OK
      again to save the settings.
    • Launch Xbox app and sign in again.

If you still unable to sign in to Xbox app, kindly reset the app from the Settings menu by performing the following steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select
      Apps & features
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result after performing the suggested solutions above.

Ariel Acu, Jan 31, 2020
  4. skb_990 Win User

my sign in options doesn"t open in settings.

Hii, my sign in options doesn"t open in settings. everything else works fine in settings. i just want to change sign in from password to passcode . It was working very good before. After new update in last month, it stopped working and after update it
    asked me to relogin but did not gave me the option to set 4 digit passcode .

skb_990, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't change sign-in options (Settings app freezes) - Similar Threads - Can't change sign

2. No sign in Option/I Can't sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sign in Option/I Can't sign in: HI this is What I get on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-optioni-cant-sign-in/d51a5781-99fc-48f4-a237-4c2b150970af
  3. No sign in Option/I Can't sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sign in Option/I Can't sign in: HI this is What I get on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-optioni-cant-sign-in/d51a5781-99fc-48f4-a237-4c2b150970af
  4. No sign in Option/I Can't sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot change account to sign in with at "Advanced app settings" sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change account to sign in with at "Advanced app settings" sign in: Hey guys,I'm having an issue with trying to sign in with my primary Microsoft account in the "Advanced app settings" section of Windows settings settings > apps> Advanced app settings > "Sign in with your Microsoft account to continue app experiences across your devices". See...
  6. Cannot change account to sign in with at "Advanced app settings" sign in

Cannot change account to sign in with at "Advanced app settings" sign in: Hey guys,I'm having an issue with trying to sign in with my primary Microsoft account in the "Advanced app settings" section of Windows settings settings > apps> Advanced app settings > "Sign in with your Microsoft account to continue app experiences across your devices". See...
  7. Can't Open Sign-In Options on Windows 11 freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Sign-In Options on Windows 11 freezes: Hi, to solve this problem you have to enable Windows Biometric Service in the services menu and switch it to manual. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-sign-in-options-on-windows-11-freezes/2b3233d9-05fd-4f44-8a49-88b6fce86fe6
  8. Can't Open Sign-In Options on Windows 11 freezes

Can't Open Sign-In Options on Windows 11 freezes: Hi, to solve this problem you have to enable Windows Biometric Service in the services menu and switch it to manual. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-sign-in-options-on-windows-11-freezes/2b3233d9-05fd-4f44-8a49-88b6fce86fe6
  9. No option to change PIN in Settings - Accounts - Sign-in options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No option to change PIN in Settings - Accounts - Sign-in options: I set a pin to sign in to my computer, but now my whole family knows it and can access my computer at any time. I looked up how to change my pin in settings - accounts - sign-in options, but there is no option to change my PIN. I selected "I forgot my PIN" on sign-in, and...
  10. Sign-in options change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign-in options change: I originally set W10 to open with out using my Microsoft account. I set it so I did not need a password when starting the PC. For some reason, I now have to enter my Microsoft account password in order to sign in. This has been since the most recent update. What gives? 56348

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Sign-in options freezes

2. Windows 10 Sign-in options freezes

3. win 10 setting stuck at sign in options

4. sign in Option freezes,
  5. windows cant change sign in options,
  6. windows 10 sign in options freezes,
  7. sign in options freezes,
  8. settings>accounts>sign-in options