Windows 10: Can't change Sign-in pin Windows 10

Discus and support Can't change Sign-in pin Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I got a 2015 Dell Latitude a few weeks ago. When I was setting it up it offered an option to setup a sign-in pin. I created one and I have been... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EtienneHorn, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Can't change Sign-in pin Windows 10

Hi, I got a 2015 Dell Latitude a few weeks ago. When I was setting it up it offered an option to setup a sign-in pin. I created one and I have been finding it much quicker and easier than inputting my password every time. I now want to change it to something else but I can't find an option to change it.

In videos I've watched on how to do it, you can change it in Setting>Accounts>Sign in options, but I have no options there on changing or disabling my pin.

Can't change Sign-in pin Windows 10 96edd5e9-febf-4796-ada3-6f1af50d1b53?upload=true.png

I'm not signed in on any organization accounts and I am on Windows 1909.

If anyone can help I'll be very glad. Thanks

:)

EtienneHorn, Jan 17, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Can't change Sign-in pin Windows 10

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Can't change Sign-in pin Windows 10

1. Can't change Sign-in pin Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't change Sign

2. can't sign in with PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't sign in with PIN: I open my computer and enter Pin code but it says "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns". I fold down the computer screen and leave it for 2 hours but after that it still say can't sign in, is it a lie?...
  3. can't sign in with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't sign in with PIN: I open my computer and enter Pin code but it says "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns". I fold down the computer screen and leave it for 2 hours but after that it still say can't sign in, is it a lie?...
  4. can't sign in with PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change pin sign on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change pin sign on: How to change desktop sign on pin if forgot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pin-sign-on/f99ea188-ce04-4e7a-8625-96c0f681f19e
  6. Change pin sign on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change pin sign on: How to change desktop sign on pin if forgot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pin-sign-on/f99ea188-ce04-4e7a-8625-96c0f681f19e
  7. Change pin sign on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. change sign in to a PIN

change sign in to a PIN: My PIN has stopped working surely someone form this organisation can tell, me how to revert to a PIN rather than password?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-sign-in-to-a-pin/ff98e26a-ddf3-45b5-9e78-65bf53304f66
  9. Changing Pin for Sign In

Changing Pin for Sign In: Hello, I changed my PIN from a 4 to 6 digit number. I need to change my PIN again to a different number but NOTHING shows up for me to do that. I have followed all the directions to try and change it but PIN is not listed to change or update. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  10. CHANGING PIN SIGN IN WINDOWS 10

CHANGING PIN SIGN IN WINDOWS 10: How can I change my pin the one which I have to enter when turning on my computer/ waking it up from sleep? I tried going into settings and found the Windows Pin option under 'Setup Pin Sign in' , but I cant edit it- its just tells me that option is unavailable. It prompts me...