Windows 10: Can't change Sleep Mode settings

Discus and support Can't change Sleep Mode settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have windows 10 on my desktop. In Power and sleep settings no matter what i do, it keeps resetting every evening back to sleep after 1min. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DarrellGalloway, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Can't change Sleep Mode settings

I have windows 10 on my desktop. In Power and sleep settings no matter what i do, it keeps resetting every evening back to sleep after 1min. I have changed reg settings and made custom power settings, but nothing works for more than a day or two. Getting very tiresome!

:)

DarrellGalloway, Nov 27, 2018

2. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 27, 2018
  3. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Can't change Sleep Mode settings

system against settings goes into sleep mode authomatically

Hi Marek,

Can you give me the steps you did to disable Sleep mode? This is to provide the best troubleshooting steps. For now, set Power Options in the Control Panel to never sleep. Here's how you can do this:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard, type Control Panel and click the search result.
    • On the search box on the upper-right corner of the window, type Power Options and click
      Power Options.
    • Click Change plan settings on the Power plan you're using.
    • Change the option for Put the computer to sleep: to
      Never

I'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Can't change Sleep Mode settings

1. Can't change Sleep Mode settings - Similar Threads - Can't change Sleep

2. My computer goes on Sleep mode even after settings change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer goes on Sleep mode even after settings change.: I updated to Windows 11. After 30 seconds to a minute of idle, the computer locks and after like 10 seconds goes to sleep mode. It is extremely annoying as I work. My settings are all at NEVER turn off yet this keeps happening....
  3. My computer goes on Sleep mode even after settings change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer goes on Sleep mode even after settings change.: I updated to Windows 11. After 30 seconds to a minute of idle, the computer locks and after like 10 seconds goes to sleep mode. It is extremely annoying as I work. My settings are all at NEVER turn off yet this keeps happening....
  4. No option to set Sleep MODE after update

No option to set Sleep MODE after update: Will not allow setting Spell mode. How do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-set-sleep-mode-after-update/9baf8281-8e6d-48a0-91f7-44ffd14efeac
  5. Time zones change in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time zones change in sleep mode: Every time I put my PC into Sleep mode, when I wake it, it switches from Eastern to Pacific. When I go to the system settings, the time zones is greyed out, so I have to go to the command center to switch back the time zone. I went into power shell last night, but that didn't...
  6. Time zones change in sleep mode

Time zones change in sleep mode: Every time I put my PC into Sleep mode, when I wake it, it switches from Eastern to Pacific. When I go to the system settings, the time zones is greyed out, so I have to go to the command center to switch back the time zone. I went into power shell last night, but that didn't...
  7. Win11 won't sleep if sleep settings are changed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 won't sleep if sleep settings are changed.: My recently reset Win 11 sleeps...until I change a sleep setting. For example: Start>Settings>Accounts>Sign-in Options>If you've away when should Windows require you to sign in again? Default is: When PC wakes up from sleep. If I change that to "Never." PC will not go to...
  8. Win11 won't sleep if sleep settings are changed.

Win11 won't sleep if sleep settings are changed.: My recently reset Win 11 sleeps...until I change a sleep setting. For example: Start>Settings>Accounts>Sign-in Options>If you've away when should Windows require you to sign in again? Default is: When PC wakes up from sleep. If I change that to "Never." PC will not go to...
  9. Can't see Sleep mode option in power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't see Sleep mode option in power settings: On my windows 10 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu. I then looked up on the internet for solutions but when explored the control panel and the settings, the sleep option was not available in Settings>System>Power and Sleep. It also wasn't...
  10. Can't change BIOS mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't change BIOS mode: Hi,My laptop's SMBIOS version is 2.7, so it should support UEFI and Secure boot. However, there is no option to change the BIOS mode in the BIOS setup. So I'm stuck with Legacy boot and a MBR disk. Does anyone know how to change the BIOS mode?Thank you in...