Windows 10: Can't Change Start Menu Language

Discus and support Can't Change Start Menu Language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I changed the language. But still can't change some parts of the start menu. [ATTACH] As you can see, I wrote "language" to the search bar and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Burak CemBoğa, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Can't Change Start Menu Language

I changed the language. But still can't change some parts of the start menu.

Can't Change Start Menu Language b8972a51-1f86-4ea7-9a7a-765b6ecad1f4?upload=true.png

As you can see, I wrote "language" to the search bar and the result is in "Turkish" (previous language). And also I can't open anything by click on them. So I want them "English" too.

:)

Burak CemBoğa, Feb 21, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Feb 21, 2019
  3. change display language

/Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if you are able to change the language in the lock screen by following the steps below:

• In the lock screen click on the last icon from the right.
    • Select English from the menu.

If this option is not available, in the lock screen, hold the Windows key and use Space bar key to change language.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Can't Change Start Menu Language

language got changed in Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issue with keyboard layout, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check fi it helps.

Step 1: Add a keyboard language.

• Click the Start menu and select Settings.
    • Select Time & language.
    • Click Region & language in the left column.
    • Select Add a language.
    • Choose the language you want to add and select a country for the language.
    Step 2: Set a default keyboard layout.

• Click the Start menu and select Settings.
    • Select Time & language.
    • Click Region & language in the left column.
    • Under Languages click the language you want as default and click
      Set as default.
    Refer: Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Do let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Can't Change Start Menu Language

1. Can't Change Start Menu Language - Similar Threads - Can't Change Start

2. can't change language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't change language: why i can't change my display language,in the setting "time and language" when change language also can't find change display language only keyboard language.How can fix this? Thanks...
  3. can't change language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't change language: why i can't change my display language,in the setting "time and language" when change language also can't find change display language only keyboard language.How can fix this? Thanks...
  4. Start Menu Changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Changed: How do I get out of this windows 10 start menu? It's on the left of the screen and the desktop image is muted. I have the windows 7 classic shell but it doesn't work like before I updated windows. [ATTACH]...
  5. start menu language change

start menu language change: Hello, I just bought a new laptop from korea where i live but would like it all in english. I have managed to get nearly everything switched over but the start menu still has features on korean and so does the welcome screen before i sign into the computer. Just...
  6. Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed: Greetings, After I installed the latest update (1903) my (full screen) start menu colour defaulted to black and can't be changed anymore. I’m able to change the colour under "personalize" and the colour changes everywhere - except my start menu. If I change the start menu...
  7. Start Menu Language Won't Change

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Language Won't Change: Hi y'all I recently decided to change my entire PC display language to English, since I'm not a native it's good for practicing purposes, as well as for getting support online (most guides and tutorials are in English). I changed the display language in the Settings,...
  8. Russian language in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Russian language in start menu: I have started noticing Russian language in my start menu and in some windows applications (eg Calculator and Photo previewer). [img] I do have Russian language installed but its not default and I want my menu to be English. I'm sure this is an easy fix, but if someone can...
  9. Language in Start menu program list

Language in Start menu program list: Why does "Microsfoft office Hulpprogramma's" appear in Nederland in my start menu program list when my system language is English. All other start menu programs are shown in English....
  10. Can't change my start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change my start menu: Hi ever since I had first installed Win10 my start menu has looked like this, [img] I thought nothing of it but my dad's start menu has tiles and things on it and I like it a lot more. But I have NO IDEA how to change it to that. Sometimes when I start windows the start...