Windows 10: Can't change taskbar and accent colors

Discus and support Can't change taskbar and accent colors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi my name is John, I worked as a software developer for 30 years, programming IBM Mainframes as well as PC's. I am currently retired, my question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jkc951, Dec 4, 2020.

1. jkc951 Win User

Can't change taskbar and accent colors

Hi my name is John,

I worked as a software developer for 30 years, programming IBM Mainframes as well as PC's. I am currently retired, my question regarding Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Settings is why in

Windows 10 Pro 64-BitVersion 20H2Installed on‎12/‎4/‎2020OS build19042.630ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

I can no longer access either the color option for changing taskbar and accent colors, as well as the mouse option which allows you to change the mouse cursor size and color.

I have been working with Windows since 3.0 back in 1989, and have never run into this problem before.

John

:)

jkc951, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Color change in taskbar

Hello pranayvarma,

Just to verify, have you tried changing the color of your taskbar via settings? If so, try it out and check if the color would remain inconsistent. Here are the steps:

1. Launch the Settings app.
    2. Select Personalization.
    3. Click the Colors tab.
    4. Uncheck the Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    5. Set Transparency effects to Off.
    6. Under Show accent color on the following surfaces, put a check on
      Start, taskbar, and action center.
    7. Pick a color that you want.
    8. Restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Dec 4, 2020
  3. How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Hello,

• Do you want to change the taskbar's color or the taskbar's text color?

If you want to change the taskbar's color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color.
    • Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.
    • Turn "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" On.

If you want to change the taskbar's text color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color and click on High contrast settings.
    • Now select the color of your wish and Apply.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 4, 2020
  4. Can't change taskbar and accent colors

Unable to change Taskbar color

Hello. I just did the Windows 10 update and now I'm unable to change the color of my Taskbar. I followed these instructions:

To change the color of your taskbar, select the
    Start button
    > Settings >
    Personalization
    > Colors
    > Show accent color on the following surfaces. Select the box next to
    Start, taskbar, and action center. This will change the color of your taskbar to the color of your overall theme.

The problem is that the box next to Start, taskbar, and action center is shaded and will not accept it to be selected.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Joseph_Lynch##, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't change taskbar and accent colors

1. Can't change taskbar and accent colors - Similar Threads - Can't change taskbar

2. Taskbar color can't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar color can't change: Hi I'm Gopi from india I'm windows 11 beta home single language user but I windows 10 machine also I can't unable to change the taskbar color when I was change the color the color would remain for only 2 sec and the color automatically change to black background and I found...
  3. Taskbar accent colors (Opera icon)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar accent colors (Opera icon): [ATTACH] Hello guys! I saw some questions about accent colors here, and I hope that's ok to post this question in this sub. https://preview.redd.it/7chzzpsbdwd61.png?width=121&format=png&auto=webp&s=57f14c3a7577e9f3dbac503ed980944564a81c09 I noticed that Opera taskbar...
  4. Help with taskbar color and accents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with taskbar color and accents: Hi, all. In the past, it was possible to have a taskbar of a color (black/gray and perhaps white and I forgot) and then the accent colors would not change the color of the taskbar itself, but only of the accents (The apps pinned,etc). I can't seem to do this in the...
  5. Accent colors changing

Accent colors changing: I use three PC's on a daily basis. Each has its own keyboard and mouse. Periodically each of the three will change the accent colour of the taskbar without input from me. I find this frustrating because I use colour for each computer set-up - so the accent colour, and...
  6. Can't change taskbar color

Can't change taskbar color: [ATTACH] My laptop came today so I didn't make any changes to windows, it just came like this. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-taskbar-color/ce57ebd8-8955-4796-ac27-f8bf24e602d1
  7. Can't change taskbar color

Can't change taskbar color: [img] I just cold reinstalled 1903 18362.175 from USB via Media Creation Tool because of insufferable errors in the version I had upgraded to. For the foreseeable future I'll be reinstalling programs and trying to tame the interface. The taskbar, which I had a nice dark...
  8. Can't change taskbar color

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change taskbar color: [img] I just cold reinstalled 1903 18362.175 from USB via Media Creation Tool because of insufferable errors in the version I had upgraded to. For the foreseeable future I'll be reinstalling programs and trying to tame the interface. The taskbar, which I had a nice dark...
  9. How to change accent color?

How to change accent color?: Hi Forum I read on the internet that you can add your own custom accent color thru the registry. I did that but it didn't change my accents in the start menu or on the log off screen. I was wondering is there any other way of changing or forcing windows to accept your...
  10. Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color

Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color: I recently installed Win10 Home on my laptop, and the only color choices I have for the accent are a set of about 50 color swatches, all of which are pretty garish. This tutorial shows an option to set color with HSB, which I used in the past in 8.1, but those options are...