Windows 10: Can't change taskbar color

Discus and support Can't change taskbar color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [img] I just cold reinstalled 1903 18362.175 from USB via Media Creation Tool because of insufferable errors in the version I had upgraded to. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tcebob, Jun 2, 2020.

1. tcebob Win User

Can't change taskbar color

Can't change taskbar color [​IMG]

I just cold reinstalled 1903 18362.175 from USB via Media Creation Tool because of insufferable errors in the version I had upgraded to. For the foreseeable future I'll be reinstalling programs and trying to tame the interface. The taskbar, which I had a nice dark green, is now white. So I went to Settings/Colors and selected the green. As on the screenshot, the Title bars and borders were easily changed but the taskbar is greyed out and not responsive. What's going on?

I also attempted to add Classic Shell and the more recent Open Shell. Neither worked. The Start button graphic showed OK but was inoperable. Classic shell used to have a color choice for the taskbar but it's missing now.

:)

tcebob, Jun 2, 2020

2. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Color change in taskbar

Hello pranayvarma,

Just to verify, have you tried changing the color of your taskbar via settings? If so, try it out and check if the color would remain inconsistent. Here are the steps:

1. Launch the Settings app.
    2. Select Personalization.
    3. Click the Colors tab.
    4. Uncheck the Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    5. Set Transparency effects to Off.
    6. Under Show accent color on the following surfaces, put a check on
      Start, taskbar, and action center.
    7. Pick a color that you want.
    8. Restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Can't change taskbar color

How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Hello,

• Do you want to change the taskbar's color or the taskbar's text color?

If you want to change the taskbar's color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color.
    • Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.
    • Turn "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" On.

If you want to change the taskbar's text color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color and click on High contrast settings.
    • Now select the color of your wish and Apply.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Can't change taskbar color

1. Can't change taskbar color - Similar Threads - Can't change taskbar

2. Taskbar color can't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar color can't change: Hi I'm Gopi from india I'm windows 11 beta home single language user but I windows 10 machine also I can't unable to change the taskbar color when I was change the color the color would remain for only 2 sec and the color automatically change to black background and I found...
  3. Taskbar is till blue - can't change colors

Taskbar is till blue - can't change colors: Yes i already know you have to set the theme to dark in order to change colors but my problem is that, even though i have my theme set to dark, i still cannot change my taskbar color even though the box is ticked --- it still provides me with a dark blue ugly taskbar. I just...
  4. Can't change taskbar color

Can't change taskbar color: [ATTACH] My laptop came today so I didn't make any changes to windows, it just came like this. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-taskbar-color/ce57ebd8-8955-4796-ac27-f8bf24e602d1
  5. Can't change taskbar and accent colors

Can't change taskbar and accent colors: Hi my name is John, I worked as a software developer for 30 years, programming IBM Mainframes as well as PC's. I am currently retired, my question regarding Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Settings is why in Windows 10 Pro 64-BitVersion 20H2Installed on‎12/‎4/‎2020OS...
  6. Can't change taskbar color after update

Can't change taskbar color after update: After installing the most recent update 3/24/20 KB4541335 the taskbar color can't be changed. UnderSettings >> Colors >> Choose your accent color, blue is selected checkmark shows blue is selected, but the taskbar remains black. Any color I choose, the taskbar remains black....
  7. I can't change taskbar color

I can't change taskbar color: I followed all of the online guidance but can't change the taskbar color. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-taskbar-color/f9ec7c81-0464-4e80-9d4c-fbcffe0d2904
  8. Can't change taskbar color

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change taskbar color: [img] I just cold reinstalled 1903 18362.175 from USB via Media Creation Tool because of insufferable errors in the version I had upgraded to. For the foreseeable future I'll be reinstalling programs and trying to tame the interface. The taskbar, which I had a nice dark...
  9. Can't change taskbar color in Windows 10

Can't change taskbar color in Windows 10: So the problem is that under "Personalisation" --> "Colours" the option to "Show the accent colour on the following surfaces" for "Start, taskbar and action center" is greyed out for some reason. Whatever colors I change, it will not apply to start, taskbar, and action...
  10. I can't change my taskbar color.

I can't change my taskbar color.: There's no way, i can't change the taskbar color and i need help. No matter if i go to Settings - Colors and change the options, it keeps showing me a white ugly taskbar. Please, this is the only problem i've found in my w10 installation. Here is a picture of the problem...