Windows 10: Can't change the default disk for saving new programs. Now I can't get into regedit.

Discus and support Can't change the default disk for saving new programs. Now I can't get into regedit. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was attempting to change the default disc for saving all new programs from C to D (SSD to HDD), and after changing ProgramFilesDir and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mullac02, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Mullac02 Win User

Can't change the default disk for saving new programs. Now I can't get into regedit.

I was attempting to change the default disc for saving all new programs from C to D (SSD to HDD), and after changing ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir from C to D and having no luck (none of the installed programs could be found), and reverting, attempted to change ProgramW6432Dir, from C to D, but after finding that didn't work either, now can't get back into regedit to revert. Does anyone know of a fix to this?

* Original title: re:

:)

Mullac02, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Feb 26, 2019
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 don't save change for default programs

Recently i been having alittle trouble getting my Windows 10 Pro to save how it opens my pictures on my computer, bcs i want to use Windows Photo Viewer instead of the new default photo application.

I notice that i got some "asian language" in the default for my picture files, anyone knows how i can get rid of that and when i select all and click save it doesn't really save this setting.

Can't change the default disk for saving new programs. Now I can't get into regedit. windows-10-set-program-associations-jpg.jpg

Scanned with KIS2016, Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, HitmanPro, ESET Online Scanner

nuth major found other then some files i knew had some dirty in them.

puma99dk|, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Can't change the default disk for saving new programs. Now I can't get into regedit.

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Can't change the default disk for saving new programs. Now I can't get into regedit.

1. Can't change the default disk for saving new programs. Now I can't get into regedit. - Similar Threads - Can't change default

2. I can't change the location new apps are saved to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't change the location new apps are saved to: When I try to change the location to my hard drive, it says that there are apps from another device on it and that they have to be deleted. I click yes to delete them, but then it just says that it couldnt change the default location and gives me the error code 0x80070005. I...
  3. I can't change my default app save location

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change my default app save location: i tried to change my default app save location from my C to my D drive, whenever i try this a message pops up saying "This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue?" When i click no nothing happens...
  4. Can't get regedit to save changes [ User Shell folders ]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get regedit to save changes [ User Shell folders ]: For months I have had an issue with my start folder that also caused issues installing software finally managed to fix it and it was located at Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders what it was: Startup REG SZ _...
  5. Can't change where new apps are saved

Can't change where new apps are saved: Hi, so i have xbox gamepass, i tried to get gears 5 and by default is saves the game in SSD and i don't have enough space.I tried to change it to HDD but with no luck.Here is the error:0x80070005, i tried to wait but with no luck....
  6. Can't change default programs in Windows 10

Can't change default programs in Windows 10: This is on new Dell Latitude 5501's fresh out of the box, only after running the Microsoft Office 365 Cleanup Tool because Dell dumps 5 whole language versions of Office onto the systems with a faulty installation path, which completely screws up my deployment workflow....
  7. Can't Change Default Programs

Can't Change Default Programs: Hello anyone reading this I am having a problem with Windows 10 Here is a video about it: https://youtu.be/G_BIcAyhXCc And if you can't watch the video my problem is I can't go into file manager in the default programs selector, I also can change what a program opens...
  8. Can't change default music player to new program, but can change default browser just fine.

Can't change default music player to new program, but can change default browser just fine.: Hey, So I can't set my default musicplayer to MusicBee in the standard apps settings. I can only switch between WMP, Groove and VLC. Other settings I could test work just fine. I've tried all the commandline solutions found on here, I'm up to date, nothing works....
  9. Can't change default program to open files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change default program to open files.: Hi, I'm trying to change the default program for .dwg files from Autocad to Draftsight. I already tried: right click > open with > choose another app > always use this app. The file opens in Draftsight without problems, but it still opens with Autocad the next time you...
  10. Modified using Regedit; can't access programs/change back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Modified using Regedit; can't access programs/change back: [I tried to download the file as requesting the in the BSOD Posting Instructions, but I can't due to the problem below.] I was trying to download/install a program, but did not have enough space in my C drive. As the download/installation was automatic, I could not...