Windows 10: Cant change the default video player

Discus and support Cant change the default video player in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, can someone help me? I cant change the default video player to MPC-HC it automattically reverts to Windows media player. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AregGhazaryan, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Cant change the default video player

Hey guys, can someone help me? I cant change the default video player to MPC-HC it automattically reverts to Windows media player.

Cant change the default video player 8cfdf5fa-f9e6-420f-9e6b-6f86b45034db?upload=true.png

Cant change the default video player c408bc77-d5e3-41c7-8df2-77b97c0b8afd?upload=true.png

It wont change the default program and the videos still open with windows media player

:)

AregGhazaryan, Oct 26, 2018

2. Unable to open videos and movies in Windows 10 default media player.

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What type of video file were you trying to open?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried running the Windows App troubleshooter? This tool automatically diagnoses and repairs common issues that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working properly.

As a workaround, you can try to right-click on the video files and select
    Properties
    > Opens With: Change > select
    Windows Media Player.

Also, try to change the default app for opening video files to Windows Media Player. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I, search for Default app settings and click on it.
    • Under Video player, click on the button and change to
      Windows Media Player.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Change default media player in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums.

As per description you like to change the default program for your media player.

Follow the steps for changing the default program.

• Press Windows key + X key
    • Select Control Panel and Click on Default Programs

• Change the default programs for your player
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Cant change the default video player

changing my default player from cyberlink powerdvd 14 to windows media player i Windows 10

Hello,

CyberLink PowerDVD 14 is a third party program. You may change the default player by simply following these steps:

• Open the Video Files.
    • Right click on Properties; then click on Change.
    • Select Windows Media Player from the list; then click
      OK
    • Click on Apply; then click OK.

Let us know if you need anything.

Vanessa Oca, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Cant change the default video player

1. Cant change the default video player - Similar Threads - Cant change default

2. Cant change back to default theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change back to default theme: I am on a business computer and systems administrator has blocked changing themes. I picked a high contrast color and personalized it to make it better. After i realized the high contrast wouldnt be good for duties of the job, I wasn't able to change it back to the "none"...
  3. Cant change default app location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change default app location: I Recently installed windows on my new SSD, and i am trying to change my default install location to my D drive, but it keeps giving me error code 0x80070005. I've followed a rabbit hole of fixes and tutorials on user permission changes, sharing setting and command prompt...
  4. Change default to USB video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default to USB video: Hi, I'm setting up for an exam but my internal cam quality is unable to detect my face. So, I connected a USB camera but there is no option to switch to it not even in camera settings. Need some guide....
  5. Cannot change video default app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot change video default app: Installed software has change my default app for playing video. I have tried every possible way through the UI to make the change, but each time I select another app, there's a pause and then the screen goes black. Can an app lock this setting? If so, short of removing the...
  6. Why cant I preview video or music with the default media player in the preview pane?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why cant I preview video or music with the default media player in the preview pane?: Why can't I preview video with the default media player? The only media player that allows me to do that in windows is the deprecated Windows Media Player. Why is the newest default media player supplied by Windows 10 in the newest updates unable to use the preview pane for...
  7. How can I change the default video player to something that isnt in the list of suggested...

How can I change the default video player to something that isnt in the list of suggested...: I want to change the default win10 video player to something that isnt in the list of suggested programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-default-video-player-to/47e7b86d-ca61-4f31-ae0f-3f4d18892ad5
  8. Cant change default file format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant change default file format: Hello! Once i stopped program called "File oppener" or something like that, thru task manager. Ever since i cant change default file applications. On this image i went on file, clicked properties, change file something, idk how is it in english, but you understand it, right?...
  9. Cant change Default app for .lua

Cant change Default app for .lua: I currently have .lua extention on Sublime text 2. and i would like to change it to another program and windows wont let me change it. ive tried changing from properties, and the windows settings. if you know how to fix this, i would like to hear your answer...
  10. Cant change default app settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change default app settings: Hi as stated I cant change any of the default app settings in windows 10. I tried to change my default browser to chrome,nothing happens after i click google chrome,its still edge. This also applies to other defaults like maps,music player,photo viewer etc. 59930

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant change default music player